Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Terrific Tuesday with Raine Delight:)

Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.


Raine says: Hi everyone and thanks to Molly for letting me be here today. I am currently an author for Aspen Mountain Press and The Wild Horse Press Publishers. I write paranormal erotic romance and am branching out into other genres that include my first M/M holiday story, a sci fi/futuristic ménage and a paranormal BDSM series I am creating.


My next release is in October 2010 (on the 15th no less-two days after my daughter’s birthday WOOT!) and is part of the Devon Falls Series. It’s called Moonlight & Magic and I love the cover for this one as much as I do for Haunting Magic, my last Halloween story (released in 2009). Moonlight & Magic is a story of a lonely man, a were-tiger, who was thrust from his family and wandered all over the world, looking for his place to call home. When he reaches Devon Falls, he finds something much more than a place to call home but a woman to fall in love with. Can he convince Dixie that their one night together is also a prelude to a wonderful future or will it end in a blaze of heartache?


Have you ever had an idea for a story which scared you after you began writing it?


Raine says: Oh my god yes!!! I am finishing up my first non-erotic tale called Falling to Pieces and its a paranormal romantic comedy for The Wild Horse Press. This was the first time I ever plotted out the story and everything. Let’s just say it is the one time I never wanted to beat my muse more than ever. *grins*


Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?


Raine says: In a way yes. I use the backdrop of living in a small town where everyone knew everyone and used it to base Devon Falls on. I don’t use people per say as my characters (I think they would kill me if I did *laughs*) but some places I used to work at like a bakery/coffee shop, restaurant, etc helped me in creating certain places like the Dew Drop Café/Bakery in Devon Falls and my hometown had it’s own candy shop where they do all homemade candy as well (which I used as backdrop in Sticky Magic). The rest is from my imagination and frankly I never knew it was so fertile. LOL


How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?


Raine says: Depends totally on the book. For my M/M story, I bought Josh Lanyon’s how to guide, talked to more established M/M authors, read some great M/M books to help me see the difference in writing a great love story in M/M genre instead of an M/F romance but with my two guys as the leads. It was an eye opener to say the least. For my futuristic one, I researched Gamma Ray explosion from the sun as the basis of the story. That was a lot of research time as I wanted to make sure I had the correct scientific information incorporated in the story. My next project has me immersing myself in the BDSM world and I have been going to online workshops, talking to known doms/domms and subs to make sure I have the correct information in that as well. Needless t say some stories flow nicely and others take a little more time to write.


Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?


Raine says: I just hope they enjoy the story, characters and find a sense of fun within them.


Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?


Raine says: punster all the way (well except for my Falling to pieces story that is). My first story, Sticky Magic, took one week to write and nowadays, the stories take longer to write. It all depends on the way my muse wants it to go. He can be a royal hard ass some days. *sighs*


How long did it take for you to be published?


Raine says: It was a bit of a journey for me. I was with two publishers that went under &/or took royalties and closed up shop. I got lucky when I found Aspen Mountain Press as they treat their authors’ great, the covers are awesome and editors are great. I took a few years to establish myself there and now am signed with The Wild Horse Press, which has a wonderful stable of authors, editors and cover artists as well. I look forward to adding a few more (maybe one or two more publishers) to my stable as I shop books around and get my name out there.


If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?


Raine says: To have fun and set a time frame for writing. Real life kicks my butt some days and it can take a chunk out of my writing time, especially as I raise two kids (ages 10 and 9) and spend time with my dearest honey, my boytoy. (Yes, yes I am a cougar *laughs*).


Laptop or pen and ink? What are your ‘must-haves’ when writing?


Raine says: I need a word doc in order to write. For some reason, pen and paper just doesn’t work for me. It is hard to create something when my mind is going a hundred miles a minute and trying to read my writing after a brainstorm session is like trying to read a doctor’s handwriting. *laughs*


“Must have’s”: Music is a good conductor for the muse to relax and let words flow. I even add it into my stories in Devon Falls (I used Bon Jovi’s “Let’s Make a Memory” song as a backdrop for one scene in it, Michael Buble plays into Moonlight & Magic.)


Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?


Raine says: Oh god I have so many it is hard to just name them all but a few would be-J. D. Robb/Nora Roberts, Bertrice Small, Maggie Shayne, Sierra Dafoe, Lena Austin, Selena Illyria, L. A. Banks, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Michele Sagara, and many more.

They influence me by just letting me read their work. I see how popular and prolific they are and I so want to be them when I grow up but I know I have to pay my dues to get where they are.


What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?


Raine says: I am actually a pretty shy person in person. J Online I am a wild and zany woman but offline, I am more of a homebody, one who is content to curl up with a good book, family/friends and relax by playing video games, watching movies/TV shows (Faves are Criminal Minds TV Show, Farscape and original Stargate SG-1). I live with my own boytoy, two wild and crazy kids in rural America where the town is so quiet at 8 PM it isn’t funny. *grins*

For Fun:

Favorite ‘Summer Food’ (ie: Veggies, fruit, or fair food):


Raine says: I love summer veggies and fruit at a farmer’s market or garden; though right now we are sick of zucchini and summer squash as it exploded in DH’s garden. *sigh* We figured out that we can only eat so much of that stuff before we want to chuck it all. *groans*


Mountains or Beach?


Raine says: Well I am not much of a beach person at all. I prefer the hiking of the mountains instead. I used to live in the Grand Canyon (I worked there as well in late 90’s) and loved it. Lots of hiking on days off, natural beauty and wild animals to take pictures of. Can’t wait to take the kids in the future to see it.


Favorite amusement park ride?


Raine says: I don’t do amusement rides at all. I am not much of a amusement park person woe to my family who love going.


Favorite drink?


Raine says: Lipton Green Tea (Liter bottle). Love it. I believe it’s a staple on the grocery list. *grins*


Thank you for being here today! Please tell us where we can find your books.


Raine says: Thanks for having me Molly. You can find my books at the following places:

My links:

Website: http://authorrainedelight.com

Raine’s Book Nook Blog: http://Rainesbooknook.blogspot.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Raine_Delight

Author/Reader Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight

Email me: rainedelight@yahoo.com

Where to buy my books:

Aspen Mountain Press (Publisher): www.aspenmountainpress.com

Fictionwise: www.fictionwise.com

All Romance E-books (Are): www.allromanceebooks.com

1Romance E-books: www.1romance.com

Amazon Kindle: www.amazon.com

The Wild Horse Press (Publisher): http://www.the-wild-horse-press.com/



Devon Falls 5: Moonlight & Magic

Part of Devon Falls Series but can be read as stand alone

Raine Delight

Aspen Mountain Press

Release date- October 15th, 2010

Paranormal/Shifter Erotic Romance

Can a were-tiger convince one stubborn woman that she is his for all time and show her that falling in love is just as sinful as a chocolate kiss?


Blurb:

Dixie Sinclair has watched her cousins all fall in love and now she wants the same. Dared to go to the annual Masquerade ball, Dixie finds the one thing she desires: love…one problem…can she trust that it will last after that one night?


Michael Barnes is a rare white were-tiger who was thrown out of his pride long ago for a trumped up crime, Michael roams the world searching for the one place to call home. Finding that peace in Devon Falls, he finds the one woman who stirs him like no other. Can he convince Dixie that she can trust in him forever?


Sneak peek excerpt (please forgive me for mistakes-Unedited):

Dixie glanced up as another person she knew said hi and she shifted on her feet. She hated parties and crowds with a passion. Determined to not walk as much as possible, she stayed in her little corner, nursing a glass of punch and tried to see where her friends were but even with the killer three inch heels on her feet, she could barely see over the sea of people now in the ball room. The place was packed. Turning to look out the window, she tried to stifle the panic that tried to worm its way through her. All these people made her nervous and the itch between her shoulders had her on edge. She didn’t know what was causing it but her body felt flushed and anxious, like it was waiting for something……or someone. With a sigh, she finished her drink and stared out into the night, wishing she was elsewhere when a man stood behind her that had her gasping in surprise. Before she could turn around, she felt him come up behind her, his arms on her waist with a steel grip as his breath tickled her neck. She shuddered as she tried to not cream her panties right then and there. He was masked and from what she could see in the window reflection, tall and danger oozed from him in every way. He was an alpha and how she knew that she didn’t know but as her gaze was caught in his, her pussy spasmed with a need that had her wanting more.

He leaned down and then she shuddered as his lips teased her ear, his breath hot against her skin. Closing her eyes she tried to keep her balance while trying to keep a moan from coming out. A lick against her neck had her gasping and she leaned against him or tried to anyways. His hands held her in place as the man played with her ear and teased her with soft licks against her skin.


“I want you, Dixie and I plan to have you…tonight.” The huskiness of his voice had her trembling as she tried to stop the soft moan that passed through her lips. Her pussy gushed more at his words and the excitement that raced through her had her on edge.


Without another word, he turned her around and smiled a sinfully wicked smile that left her breathless. Need raged hot inside her and before she could think clearly, she pulled his head down and kissed him hard. Slipping her tongue inside his mouth, she dueled with his as she pressed herself against the hard male body and felt her body awaken even more. Her desires that she used to have such a tight control on raged uncheck through her and she didn’t give a damn who saw them at that moment. She wanted this man and she was going to take him-damn the consequences.


Before she could breathe, the kiss ended. Both of them breathing heavily and before she could ask his name, he lead her from her corner and into the crowd of people.


Before she could blink, they were outside and he just looked at her, making heat pool in her belly.


“Where can we go, Dixie, where we won’t be disturbed?” His voice was so sinful it had her shuddering as her desires flared inside her.


“My…..my house.” She said as she swallowed, trying to work her dry throat. “We should be fine there.”

Before she could blink, he picked her up and walked over to the truck on the side of the Inn. With a growl and a short, hard kiss, he put her in the passenger seat and shut the door. After climbing in, he gunned the engine and roared off. Dixie trying to make sense of everything that has happened in the last few minutes when he ripped the mask off his face and looked at her, his eyes blazing yellow with passion and need. The way he looked, it was like a predator came out to play and had her in his sights.



6 comments:

DawnsReadingNook said...

Thanks for having me Molly. I had fun. You asked some good questions. Made me think. :)

Miriam Newman said...

Nice interview, Raine. That is one gorgeous cover at the top of the column. I do believe I have voted somewhere for that one!--and I'd do it again! :)

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the new release. Love the cover. I agree the cover artists at AMP are great as is the publishing house. :)

Dominique Eastwick said...

Great Interview Raine :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being here today Raine:) Your Devon Falls series sounds awesome!

Molly

April Ash said...

I guess he's definitely ready to play with his "prey"...lucky woman!
Great excerpt...rare were white tiger!
Marianne/April