Thursday, August 26, 2010

Terrific Thursday with Kristal McKerrington:)


Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.

My name is Kristal McKerrington am twenty one year old writer from Scotland UK. Am the author of 'The Highlander with The Ink', 'The Ink Fairy With A Mission', 'Freedom Is Earned' and 'Amber's Diaries; The Forever Frat Boy and The Nurse'. All coming to XOXO Online store real soon.....

Have you ever had an idea for a story which scared you after you began writing it?

Yeah the first one that was 'The Highlander With The Ink' I always found Thor scary when I was learning about him because, he certainly had a bad temper.

Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?

Yes I have in my latest book called 'Freedom Is Earned' we used that routine to win a battle as well some of the characters remind me so much of the people who I use to dance with before they passed on.

How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?

I do research first but, a lot of it like the Dancing and The Highlander God Series I already now a lot about these area's and don't need to do all that much. I think it will be very different when I move onto my other pieces such as 'Women Reunited Through Love's Series'

Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?

I hope that when they walk away from the books that they feel inspired and are left with a feeling either happiness of strength.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?

Am a plotter for the bigger pieces I do such as the 'Free Series and The Amber Dairies' 'Freedom Is Earned' and 'Amber's Diaries; The Forever Frat Boy and The Nurse' I planned each chapter broke them down because, on the bigger pieces I tend to forget things easily. 'The Highlanders Gods Series' well that just took off on its own I don't think I even had time to plan that. 'The Highlander with The Ink' well it was written in the space of a day really and that goes for its sequel 'The Ink Fairy With A Mission'.

How long did it take for you to be published?

About a year for the first of my books to be published 'Freedom Is Earned' then a matter of days for the rest that are coming out soon to you with XOXO Publishing.

If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?

I would tell myself to not to go to the Vanity Press company that I went to.

Laptop or pen and ink? What are your ‘must-haves’ when writing?

Paper, computer, endless Tea and coffee, my dear old printer and most importantly my music.. I think that is the most importantly because as am writing the character just seem to appear and the music really helps them relax and let the movie play out.

Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?

I have to say Rachel Caine, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Catherine Cookson.

For my none Authors I have to say The Hardy Boyz (Jeff and Matt Hardy) as well as The Neighbros who are a web show online (Scott M Foster, Jamie J and Laura Prepon)

The Hardy Show (all the staff just seems to pour inspiration my way to be honest) and last but, certainly not least I have to say the words of my biggest ideal Matt and Jeff Hardy because, they just never quit no matter what is thrown in their paths that is what I respect more then anything.

One line I will never forget was what Matt Hardy said (sorry to steal his line) 'Without my readers then there would be no me” for me the readers I have are my biggest cheerleaders as well sometimes my biggest influence and inspiration.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

That I have a huge love for 'Greek' this TV series by ABC and that I actually go out on Motorbikes as well as the fact am a dressage horse rider. An that am a RA suffer.

For Fun:
Favorite ‘Summer Food’ (ie: Veggies, fruit, or fair food):

Strawberries and mixed fruit Ice-cream for sure.

Mountains or Beach?

Beach cause I really love the sea am lost without

Favorite amusement park ride?

Hate Amusement Parks!

Favorite drink?

Mocha, Latta or have to say I really love an Ice cream Float!

Thank you for being here today! Please tell us where we can find your books.

You can find all my books that are coming soon from the Wonderful XOXO Publishing online store the link here.

I would like to thank Molly for having me here today and I would like to say that any other questions you have please ask away because, am truly about my readers that is for sure.

10 comments:

Renee Vincent said...

Great interview Kristal! It's so nice to meet a Scotswoman!

Renee Vincent said...

BTW, do you have a website? I would love to check you out....loves those Highlanders!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all your success, Kristal. Great interview.

Brianna said...

Congratulations Kristal we love ya. Brianna

Kristal's Blog. said...

Yes we do have a site. www.kristalmckerrington.webs.com

You can find us on facebook if you just search for the name.

Thank you all for such wonderful comments.

Kristal x

Kristal's Blog. said...

These are not just the Highlanders you will find coming out of my world their is plently of stories and men for you to fall in love with.

You can join my fan site for my updates http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristal-McKerringtons-Offical-Fan-Page/111363772247616

Kristal x

Linda Kage said...

Hi Kristal, it was nice to meet you. Good interview. But now you have me all hungry for an ice cream float!!

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me Kristal:) Since I had connection issues yesterday and didn't get this up until nearly NOON, I'm not posting my Friday FLashback until tonight. So plenty of time for others to see this:)

Linda, I agree with you! Although, I'm more of a malt person...think I'll enjoy one later today!

Sandra Cox said...

This was a great interview. Good job ladies.

Kristal's Blog. said...

Hello all,

Thanks again for such a wonderful intreview. I'm glad to be here.

Kristal x