Monday, May 12, 2008

Good News??

Currently Reading: An Accident of Love, by Mary Ellin Barrett. I only have two more boxes of 'dead tree books'. Maybe by the time I'm finished, hubby will be back to work and I can buy more e-books??? Or simply quit reading so fast?


I received word this morning that I was being recommended for a place on the Policy Board at our Head Start. If memory serves, this is the slot I wanted back in September, but since another parent also wanted it, and wasn't a 'newbie', I let him have it instead. I may even run for Parent Council Secretary next year. Just depends on if the current secretary gives it up.

We received what we thought was our rebate check...no, it was just a letter STATING how much we were getting, and when we should expect the actual check. Talk about getting one's hopes up...

Finally convinced my hubby to investigate how much it would cost for the dealership to replace the transmission. Surprise...it's only going to cost us $100 more for THEM to do the work! So, we should be hauling the van in by Friday...hopefully....

My friend is back in the hospital again. And his wife is severely stressed out. The good news there is no, he did NOT have another heart attack. But they've admitted him for observation and to get his heart rate under control.

I had a good Mother's Day yesterday. My family took me out to lunch; we all watched the Survivor finale...Parvati won; I was hoping it would be Amanda...and since my computer threw a fit, I worked on my cross-stitch. Very quiet day, unless you count the 25mph winds blowing outside! Our power went out sometime during the night, but we found it at 6 am, and were not late for church.

We're having an end-of-the-year picnic in the park tonight. I'm making a Bistro Chicken Twist sandwich for us, and we bought a bag of chips. Head Start is furnishing the drinks. Since it is already past 3pm and the picnic starts at 5:30, I'd better get busy.

4 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Cool on the position Molly. And your picnic dinner sounds yummy.

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day:)

jackie said...

no wonder you didn't answer the door.! DUH

Phoenix said...

I wanted Amanda too.