Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Takes Its Toll

Currently Reading: By the Light of a Thousand Stars, by Jamie Langston Turner. I'm recognizing people's attitudes, including my own at times, and am striving to do better! Still reading the e-books mentioned yesterday as well...with fresh, awake, eyes!


Neglected to mention yesterday:

Happy 5th birthday to my nephew David! I can't wait to see you in two weeks!

Jackie called me a saint the other day. But after yesterday, I'm sad to report my 'halo' is tarnished and around my ankles.

PMS or Blonde Moment?

Sometimes when I'm writing, I just let the words flow and in the moment, they sound fine. But several hours later, when others have read the same words and are outraged, the same innocent-sounding words take on a whole new meaning.

How do we handle adversity when we feel wrongly judged? Do we yell about it, sulk, go into depression, vent, or get even somehow? Or do we rise above it?

I'm choosing to handle it the same way I always have. I'll lie low and let it blow over. And try to remember Ephesians 4:29 "Let no evil talk come out of your mouths (in this case, fingers!), but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear (or read)" as well as vs 30 "...and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." (RSV)

In the meantime, chocolate and ice cream are the cure-alls of depression.

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

Laying low is good, but the Bible also says that you take it to your brother/sister and ask for their forgiveness so that it may be given to you before the Lord... since we are quoting scripture. Otherwise the festering is on you. I say this as I am still licking wounds and frustration, but just because I or others may be difficult to approach, doesn't mean we don't want to be. Forgiveness is for both parties.

barbara huffert said...

May time restore balance, mend fences, and bring peace and tranquility to all involved.

Molly Daniels said...

I intend to, Kelly...I wanted time to cool off first.

Thanks Barb:)

Phoenix said...

Noted. I needed the same.

jackie said...

as for the Haloissue. I wasn't blowing smoke, you know where. You may think your halo has slipped, but it seems, through reading and surmising from the outside that is, that there are those who need to read, think, re-act, then read, think, re-act...THEN remark! One should be open to ALL opinions, even those we don't ask for. It really is a readers audience we write for. It raaly is the time, place and person who is reading to comment. It is the WRITERS job to think, format and accept others opinions.

Molly you are still an angel.

jackie said...

p.s. my spelling is still an ISSUE. LOL