Friday, May 30, 2008

Lazy Friday

Currently Reading: Both Servant of Magic and Fairy Dust are fantastic! I'm diving into Bronwyn's book later today. And hubby bought me a flash drive, so I can now put all my e-books onto it, rather than have several floppy disks. As he said, the next computer may not have floppy drives; I'd better get with the times! So....where's my e-reader? $20 or $200...yeah, he made the right choice for the moment!


I had such a productive day yesterday! I sent off another submission and made the final edits to another one. What sparked the burst of creativity? My family went to help some friends build a fence around their yard and left me alone for ten, uninterrupted hours! I cranked up the music, shut down the internet, and wrote.

I missed out on pizza, but I ate a peanut butter sandwich and kept going. Now I understand how people forget to eat when they are working!

In all fairness, I was expecting the family home around 5, so I'd laid out a pork loin. I've not had to cook for a week, and thought I'd dust off my culinary skills. But when they called and said they wouldn't be home, I went ahead and cooked it anyway. I just didn't eat any of it. It now sits in the fridge, sliced and marinating some more until tonight. Or I may serve it for lunch.

Today, I'm watching 3 small children until later this afternoon. Since I need to get off of here and give them my attention, check all blogs to the right and see what everyone else is up to. I discovered I won one of the prizes in Mona Risk's contest, and the news brightened my day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm leaving for Cincinnati tomorrow and I'll be at Lori Foster's event next weekend. Are you still going to attend? I look forward to meeting you.

barbara huffert said...

I love it when the rest of the world ceases to exist like that. Good for you! And where can you send them next?