Saturday, May 17, 2008

Random Saturday Thoughts

Currently Reading: The Boston Strangler, by Gerold Frank. So far, it's not that gory. It's more of what the investigation was all about.

Woo Hoo!
First of all, I was scrolling down my 'Favorite Links' list last night when I noticed Wednesday's post had another comment. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on it and discovered an old girlfriend of Kevin Cogan had been surfing the web, looking for articles on him, and found my little trip down Memory Lane! I left out something in my reply, however. Yes, I got into the Pits in 1988, but I did not get to meet him or get his autograph. I was excited, however, to see his garage in Gasoline Alley. But no one was around. So I guess that's the closest I'll ever get to that man!

"Dude, your car's totaled!"
Is it just me, or does anyone else find those Nationwide commercials disturbing? If you were watching your friends new cars destroyed by furniture being thrown out of buildings, or paint spilled, or being pushed out of the way for the emergency vehicles and into oncoming traffic, wouldn't you scream (or at least gasp!) and let them know what was happening? Or would you calmly query your friend about their automobile insurance coverage?

There's No Place Like Home...if you can get there...
Keep my sister in your prayers: Mom called and said they went to board the plane and were denied because the kids didn't have passports. So they are driving to Seattle in hopes of boarding the plane there. I can't believe no one told them the kids had to have passports in order to cross the border! Surely someone would have mentioned it? But then again, I certainly never thought to query her on it, so maybe it was an honest oversight. After all, 4 years ago, all one needed was the birth certificate. But since they changed the rules, I've stayed in the USA. I guess I'll have to get us all passports now. Especially if my books start doing well, and I can afford to return to Canada, or maybe even a trip to Australia?

"It's in the mail...we promise!"
Still waiting for that rebate check...gonna have to have wheels next week! Our letter on Monday said the 16th. So....where is it? Several years ago, we owed a whole dollar to the IRS. Guess what they did? They actually sent us monthly bills until we sent it out on April 15th. So the next year, our refund was a dollar. Did they pay up immediately? No...it was electronically deposited into the account ten days later.

"No Respect"
What's the difference between staring at the TV for eight hours and 'staring' at the comuter/internet for an hour or two? Depends on who you're talking to. If the hubby stares at the TV, he's 'relaxing.' If I'm staring at the TV, I'm 'goofing off' and can be interrupted for any little thing. If I'm at the computer, I'm working. If you ask him, I 'don't care about the rest of the family'. The kids at the computer are either talking to their friends or doing homework. TV time...that's their relaxation. Grrrr....

Have a good day:)

Provisional Field...to be changed tomorrow!
Row 1
1. (9) Scott Dixon, Dallara, 226.366 mph
2. (10) Dan Wheldon, Dallara, 226.110
3. (6) Ryan Briscoe, Dallara, 226.080
Row 2
4. (3) Helio Castroneves, Dallara, 225.733
5. (7) Danica Patrick, Dallara, 225.197
6. (11) Tony Kanaan, Dallara, 224.794
Row 3
7. (26) Marco Andretti, Dallara, 224.417
8. (4T) Vitor Meira, Dallara, 224.346
9. (27) r-Hideki Mutoh, Dallara, 223.887
Row 4
10. (20) Ed Carpenter, Dallara, 223.835
11. (12) Tomas Scheckter, Dallara, 223.496
12. (99) Townsend Bell, Dallara, 222.539
Row 5
13. (06) r-Graham Rahal, Dallara, 222.531
14. (14) Darren Manning, Dallara, 222.430
15. (18) Bruno Junqueira, Dallara, 222.330
Row 6
16. (02) r-Justin Wilson, Dallara, 222.267
17. (15) Buddy Rice, Dallara, 222.101
18. (22) Davey Hamilton, Dallara, 222.017
Row 7
19. (16) r-Alex Lloyd, Dallara, 221.788
20. (17T) r-Ryan Hunter-Reay, Dallara, 221.579
21. (24) John Andretti, Dallara, 221.550
Row 8
22. (67) Sarah Fisher, Dallara, 221.246
23. (8) r-Will Power, Dallara, 221.136
24. (41) Jeff Simmons, Dallara, 221.103
Row 9
25. (5) r-Oriol Servia, Dallara, 220.767
26. (33) r-E.J. Viso, Dallara, 220.356
27. (23) Milka Duno, Dallara, 220.305
Row 10
28. (19) r-Mario Moraes, Dallara, 219.716
29. (36) r-Enrique Bernoldi, Dallara, 219.422
30. (34) r-Jaime Camara, Dallara, 219.345
Row 11
31. (98) Roger Yasukawa, Dallara, 218.010
32. (91) Buddy Lazier, Dallara, 217.939
33. (25) Marty Roth, Dallara, 215.506

If it doesn't rain, things will definitely get interesting tomorrow! Just wish I could watch it!

5 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Passports for 5 of you? Get out there and sell those books!

I'm expecting my rebate check to be dead last. Anything sooner will be a nice surprise. Doesn't much matter. All I'm doing is paying my real estate taxes anyway.

If your hubby continues to give you a hard time while watching TV himself, hide the remote.

Unknown said...

Do you want me to have a word to your husband? I can sort him very quickly.

Molly Daniels said...

Nah...just four! Me and the kids. My hubby travel? Ha! Dragged him kicking and screaming to Colorado several years ago...he bitched all the way to Nebraska before he decided to enjoy himself. And on the way back, started bitching at the Indiana/Illinois border. That's why we take separate vacations: He doesn't know how to relax unless he's camping and it's HIS idea.

AJ, thanks for the offer! Sorry...PMS moment, and I think he can always tell when to irritate me the most. Wish he'd do it when I'm mellower...oh wait...he does. I only handle it better!

Calgon take me away...except I don't have a tub. Maybe some plonk will help later.

Unknown said...

so proud you used 'plonk' instead of wine....what a beautiful Aussie moment

Molly Daniels said...

Did it just for you:) Will find out later today if 'Operation Border Cross' was successful. Am going on the premise that 'no news is good news'.