Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: A Look Back

Currently Reading: I'm halfway through EZ Lovin', and yes, I am LOVIN' it! I have the print version, but you can also get the e-version at Swimming Kangaroo Books:) If I finish this today, my reading totals (see below) will increase by 1 or 2...depends on if I read Francine on Fire too:)


It was a strange year.

On the home front, my spouse was home for six months while the economy was sliding into the toilet; K got his driver's license and was ecstatic over the fact he could take his dad's car to school; S had a meltdown at school and thankfully was NOT suspended; W blossomed in his first year at Head Start.

I heavily promoted my second book and made 9 personal appearances at two colleges (3 if you count the one I missed due to two car problems!), two bookstores, and five festivals. Hopefully, I drummed up sales for Kelly, Dakota, Anny, and Barbara when I took their print books/promo items along for anyone who expressed interest in either Regencies, vampires, or a walk on the 'wild' side of romance:)

On the creative side, I only wrote two books, but also started five more. Two have taken strange turns; one is venturing into paranormal, the other into the M/M or BDSM scene. Brynn, Dakota, Cindy...I may be emailing you in the coming months for help!

Reading-wise, I went back and totalled up the number of books I read this year. I was amazed...
Print: 114 or 15
E-book: 116 or 17
Total: 230 or 232!
Wow...Has anyone else ever kept track for a year? And I may still have missed some...

I discovered several authors whose books I want to continue reading:
Brynn Paulin
Cindy Spencer Pape
Jacqueline Roth/Elyssa Edwards
Desiree Holt
Sloane Taylor
Phyllis Campbell
Mary Martinez
Lara Santiago
Dakota Rebel
Ashley Ladd
Cindy K Green
Samantha Gentry
Regina Carlysle
Kelly Marstad
BB Walters

And I will also continue to read Anny, AJ, Sandra, Bronwyn, Barb, and any others I have inadvertantly left out, whom I began reading in 2007! Keep watching the blue print at the top of my posts; there are more talented authors on my TBB list who will make their debut as any 'recommended reads'.

Financially, things picked up in the second half when D returned to work, and we were able to give the kids a decent Christmas after all. I can only hope and pray it continues, so that as bills come in we are able to pay them on time.

Strange Dream...
Maybe I'm still watching too much retro-90210? Had a dream last night I applied for a job at The Beverly Beat as a proofreader... Brandon hired me; Steve argued with me when I pointed out a typo, and then tried to sweet-talk his way into letting him spell whatever the word was his way! Crazy...and yes, I'm almost finished with Season 8. Only two more to go...and then I watch for the three episodes I missed, due to a faulty DVR set-up by my daughter!

Happy New Year!
Tonight, as the ball drops and we usher in 2009, be safe and I'll 'see' you again next year!

5 comments:

Kim Smith said...

Keep going! 2009 will be great!

MJFredrick said...

WOW, that's a lot of books! I will finish #62 today. My goal was a book a week, so at least I made that :) If I read as many as you, my TBR wouldn't be so huge!

JacquƩline Roth said...

I've never kept track of my books, but my SO does. In fact, Precious has a journal that goes back four years. I'm not disciplined enough to remember to write them down.

I too found a lot of great authors this year that I'd never read before. That's always the best.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lot of books. And I am so thrilled to be one of your favorite authors. Wishing you a wonderful, exciting and rewarding 2009. Happy New Year, Molly.

Brynn Paulin said...

This is a little late coming, but THANKS! Email any time.
~~B