Friday, December 12, 2008

Scrooge on Capital Hill??

Currently Reading: I'm up to chapter 9 on Absolute Trust! Wow...this is getting interesting!


Okay; I don't get it. Why bail out the banks and insurance companies (who are STILL under fire for how they are using the money, btw...), but not the auto industry, which will have a ripple effect like a tsunami? I'll admit, I'm married to a union man; while he's not in the UAW, but I believe if it came down to take a pay cut or lose the job for who-knows-how-long, he'd take the pay cut. I could be wrong, since his unemployment checks in the off season are more than what he would bring home if he worked for only half of what he currently makes. But he's also told me that our state's unemployment fund is bankrupt, and he doesn't know if he could even draw unemployment if he gets laid off again!

Ouch!
Daughter broke a chunk out of her tooth while biting into a sour ball yesterday. When did she inform me of this fact? Two minutes before all the dentists in town close their doors for the day...I'm keeping her home in order to get her in to see one as soon as the offices open for business. Even if I have to drive her to Terre Haute or Evansville.

13 Shopping Days Left:
Gifts bought: 0, though hubby asked me last night how much I'd need to finish up. I told him I seriously needed to ship the kids off for a day while he was home, so we could consult on the toddler's items! I do know he is placing an order today for daughter and myself! Yay...I will have at least one present under the tree...
Cookies baked: 3 dozen M&M and 3 dozen Reecee Pieces. I ran out of eggs and need to go buy some more today.

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Ooooh. Sorry about the TOOTH. Why don't kids tell us these things SOONER???

QUit baking cookies and go SHOP, Woman!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Kids! Sounds exactly like somethign mine would do.

I can promise you, everyone in Michigan is waiting nervously to hear about the auto bailout. A very scary time to be a Detroiter.

Carol Preflatish said...

From what I hear, our Governor has asked the Feds for a loan in order to pay out the unemployment checks. Now, why didn't we know about that before the election? I work for the state and we were informed yesterday, no pay raise in January, yet our health insurance premiums are going up at the same time.

Carol
(getting off her soap box before she gets into trouble)