Sunday, December 7, 2008

Am I Really that Old?

Tomorrow I'll have a 17-yr-old. Is that possible? Given the fact I'm over 34, I guess it is...but it just doesn't seem that long ago he was coming to me in tears, because it was the 3rd day of kindergarten and he couldn't fasten his pants. I wrote a poem about his first week of kdgn, and if I find it/remember it, I'll post it tomorrow.

"I'm Too Shy!"
Said my 4-yr-old yesterday, when I tried to get him to pose with Santa. He wouldn't do it with me, his sister, or even his big brother! So we turned him loose in the arcade for a while. And then he insisted on cruising around The Finish Line, looking at shoes. He doesn't need new shoes, but he had a great time looking at the displays!

"No Rules; Just Right!"
Dinner was awesome. It's been a while since I've had a good steak, and mine was cooked to perfection! I don't like my meat rare, but I don't like it tough and burnt. And my filet mignon was delicious. For dessert, I had cheesecake with chocolate sauce, and we embarassed the birthday boy with a round of Happy Birthday and a candle in his chocolate sundae:)

18 Shopping Days left:
Gifts bought: 9
Cookies baked: 0. Barb asked about snickerdoodles; I made some several years back, but no one ate them. I guess I could try again...

Checked the blog updates before I posted...we're officially on Smudgie Alert! Jae's having contractions...Dakota's got a new blog with her name on it...and Kelly's being cryptic about her topic for tomorrow. If any of those links don't work, then scroll down and click on the ones which do on the right. I'm off to get ready for church; I'll check in with everyone later, as I'm in between laundry loads.

3 comments:

barbara huffert said...

You can always send them to me. They're my favorite cookie! :)

Anny Cook said...

A couple months ago I had a 39 year old... so don't squawk!

Let's see... that means I'm old enough to be your mother!

Sandra Cox said...

Happy bday to the 17 year old. Time does fly.