Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oops!

My driver's license expires tomorrow. I need to go get it renewed!

Yesterday was quite productive, given the weather. I mailed out two packages, got half my Christmas cards mailed (I ran out of stamps), and picked up some gift bags to put my baked goods in when I pass them out later today.

Again, I am not able to make comments on blogs without my ISP restarting on me. I can read, but if I leave a comment and click the back button, IE encounters a problem, shuts down, and restarts. Hopefully next week this problem will be solved! And yes, we've performed a full virus scan. This happens even when I try to access links even from email, so bear with me!

Christmas 1988

I was in my senior year of college and working full time at the country club. The only thing I really remember is getting a beautiful lounging robe from my then-boyfriend's mother. I had also received my microwave from my parents; however, it was too large for my dorm room, so Mom bought a smaller one so my bff and I could use it in our room. My beautiful, state-of-the-art one stayed in its box until I got my first apartment 10 months later.

Today's To-Do List:
-Go down the the BMV
-Pick up my cake (won't have the van tomorrow, as K is taking it to school)
-Finish baking the pumkin bread
-Drop off W's teacher gifts and watch his tiny Christmas program
-Tonight, Christmas party at the nursing home with the MIL and seeing Santa.

Is this weather crazy or what? We're supposed to get freezing rain again, but when it comes in, the temps will have risen to 32 degrees....and at midnight, be in the 40's! At least I'll have fairly decent weather tomorrow, so my dinner plans are still on!

7 Shopping Days Left:
Gifts bought: 0, but K finally informed me of what he wants! More shopping will happen on Saturday through Wednesday...
Cookies baked: Baked two packages of the pre-sliced chocolate chips for everyone to enjoy. And with yesterday's 'ice day', we let W and his friend Izzy decorate the sugar cookies with colored frosting and sprinkles. They made a mess, but enjoyed themselves!

4 comments:

Mona Risk said...

Molly, how nice that you can remember what you received ten years ago. I hope your internet problems get resolved soon. We miss your posts although to be honest, I didn't post anything on my blog. I was too overwhelmed with one crisis after another. I think I need a todo a list like yours.

barbara huffert said...

Ooh, I love pumpkin bread! Wish I lived next door.

Gracen Miller said...

I was scheduled to get on a plane leaving for Nevada and realized my licensee were expiring that day!!! I nearly panicked. Luckily, I had a late flight, so my hubby and I sprinted to the DMV and renewed it.

You have no shopping done???!!!??? YIKES! I'm fairly panicking for you.

Sorry about the computer problems. Computer probs make me want to committ murder.

Anonymous said...

I regret, that I can help nothing. I hope, you will find the correct decision. Do not despair.