Friday, October 26, 2018

Flashback Friday: Memorable October!

Oct 2008:
My son was diagnosed with allergies.
My sister came home with her two small children and we threw our parents a 45th anniversary party.  The cousins enjoyed getting to know each other, and family pictures were taken.  I also renewed a friendship with a childhood friend.

Halloween, my older kids took their brother to the 'Safe Trick-or-Treating', and afterward, he discovered he enjoyed handing out the candy.  So much so, he decided to go down to the corner and hand out Nestle Crunch Bars to anyone who would take them!

The next night, I went around the neighborhood with him and had a good time, then his siblings took him down Hart St and collected goodies from the businesses.

On the creative front, I set up at the Fall Festival and at the Blue Moon Gallery.  I also found out a local man was thinking about starting a publishing company and was veeerrry interested in my Arbor U series.  I was excited by the news!

Next Month:  Thanksgiving!

************
Present Day:
I've been in Lafayette all week, helping my parents deep clean the house.  Leaving today, since I have to be in Evansville tomorrow for a craft fair.

Our hearts have been heavy this week, since on Monday, my former SCP authors learned that one of our own, Tamara Hoffa, had been in a fatal car accident.  Her funeral is today in Tennessee, which I was fervently hoping it would be held next week.  I'm only two hours away, but since I'm traveling, it is impossible.  So hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to Tamara's family.  I loved her Bear Shifter stories, and might take some time to reread them next week.

Still Undecided About My Costume....
I kinda want to go as Little Red Riding Hood, but not sure if I have the right accessories.  If I can't get to the store to find a red cape, then I'll either pull out the pirate costume or go as Molly Pitcher.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: