Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #64

 Day 286:  Short Week!

Arrived; Marci had already started the pop count, so double-checked it and noted the Monster cooler stats.  Due to the weather (overcast with a hint of rain), things were slightly slow, but I did manage to get all my paperwork finished and the floor swept before Brea relieved me for my break.  Afterward, I pulled the trash and wrote a little before starting the closing duties.

Had a running joke with Cam about putting a few customers' items on his tab, ha ha!

Discovered we're dressing up in costume tomorrow.  I'm unsure if I want to go as Aging Cheetah Girl or Pirate, or go shopping for another costume.

Outfit:  Yellow/maroon plaid shirt, red tank, darker jeggings, Star Wars mask.


Day 287:  I Dress As....

'Deaf Leappard/Aging Cheetah Girl'!

Was called 'cute' and 'adorable':)

Shift went well.  Was fairly steady until 6:30, then Matthew relieved me for my break.  Had already finished the pop count, so after I returned, gathered the trash and continued ringing up people.  Had a 'rush' around 7:30.  Customer A was picking up 78 bags of insulation, so I filled out the insulation form and rang him up while K was looking for a spotter.  Customer B needed some drywall, and the concrete tool was missing a pole.  Invoiced the rest of his order while Casey helped him, and rang up C, D, and E.  Then Jess helped him get his drywall; Casey determined the pole was MIA, so was finally able to ring him up.

Mel brought me the soda and some bad news:  Mgr T doesn't want me to write while on the job anymore.  "Brea's not supposed to have her Suduko, either."

Okay...if she's up front and doing it, that's one thing.  But to my knowledge, I've never neglected a customer OR my closing duties due to being engrossed. (I do admit to having to be told there's a customer, but that was LAST year!)

I was pissed.  1) I don't write every shift, esp when I'm busy, but our slow time is coming!  What happens when the work's done, there aren't any customers, and I'm bored?

I'll find a way around it.  I'll use a smaller pad, write on the back of the schedule, use register tape....any time I get a brainstorm.

Put the soda away, and did my closing duties.  Didn't write anymore, but I fumed.

Clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Black leggings, Leopard print sweater, cheetah ears and tail.  SW mask.


Day 288: Friday!

Dressed in my new Halloween shirt, and wore the headband with the straw hat.  Everyone thought it was cute, but Scott said it made my head look big!  Shut up, Scott....

Arrived; bought a bottle of Drano, and clocked in at 5:02.  Oops!  Finally arrived in Lumber at 5:10, and Gracie went on her break.  We were busy all night, but was able to get the pop count done and paperwork gathered before Matthew arrived at 6:55 to give me my break.

Told him the cart behind the counter belonged to Customer A, who would return with his wallet, or send his wife.

Customer B ordered several pallets of insulation, but we only had half the order.

Customer C arrived with his internet order of insulation PLUS the insulation blower reserved.  Customer B wasn't happy when he learned the machine he needed wasn't available.  He asked if he could go to another store, and I said yes.

I started off to the break room, and was flagged down by Customers D, in the pipe aisle, wanting to know if the coupling was the correct one.  Fortunately, Brandon arrived and was able to answer their questions.

After my break, I saw them again in by Windows, and they flagged me down again to ask a question.  I wasn't able to scan the code, but I did spy the price tag.  They weren't satisfied, so I found Bryce, who was busy with another customer, and repeated D's question.  Bryce answered, so I relayed the info.  They thanked me and went on.

When I finally arrived back at Lumber (a full 10 minutes late!), Customer A's wife had arrived.  I helped Matthew ring it all up, so everyone was happy.

Bagged the trash, continued sweeping, and then was hit with a wave of customers.  At 8pm, Customer E had a bunch of discounted stuff, so had to call HC Mel down for overrides.  Managed to sanitize everything in half the time, since my final customer left at 9:02.  I locked the doors behind them, then did my Lowe's U questions.

Oh, at 8pm, Customer D returned a cabinet they had bought.  Loader Jacob refused to push it down to cabinets, so after M cleaned out my register, I pushed it back.

Outfit:  Orange/black Halloween shirt, black v-neck tunic, black jeggings, SW mask.

No comments: