Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Big Brother finale was last night, and I was surprised...Evil Dick won! Apparently, the other houseguests found Daniele the more annoying of the pair, and decided outspoken Dick was the master this season. Hmmm...wonder who would win a showdown, Dick or Dr. Will? Seriously, I'm glad Dick and his daughter were able to work through their differences this summer, and happily reconcile. One of the best moments was during the final HOH contest when Daniele told her dad she loved him.

Surviver China starts tomorrow, and I hope it lives up to the hype. I almost quit watching, but as it's NOT set on a beach, this should be interesting!

I have a guest blogger today. My friend Jackie is 'blaming' me for taking up her writing skills again! Here's a sample of her work:

This is the way I write! far diferent from yours though.

I just know somewhere a child is being hurt. In Darfur, families are being ripped apart. Mothers are threatened by beasts while another takes her child away, dragging the child out into the dirt and publicly and violently brutilizing her. As the little girl or boy has starved for so long there only so much fight they can offer the beast. The kicking and screaming only lasts for so long. Afterwards they are either killed in a terrible way or left to crawl or drag themselves back to their terrified family and left to slowly die of hunger... because there JUST is not enough food for everyone there in the encampment.Somewhere else, here in the US, children, both boys and girls are being dragged and forced to endure the terrible, painful violation from a stranger. Someone who has tricked them into feeling safe with them. A stranger who forces the child to summit to acts never imagined in their safe worlds of love.The abuse is finished with either death, enslavement, or even if the child is released afterwards, they are FOREVER scarred, humiliated, terrified...and shattered.Also theres cruelty innocent animals are suffering. Sometimes tied up, abandoned there to slowly die of hunger and thirst. Feeling, slowly, the pain of the hunger, the loss of muscle abilities, movement, trust. This animal will eventually lay down and not to be able ot get up, and suffer as its body shuts down.There are other things that happen to all the above. Things I've left unsaid. Call me stupid but I don't understand. Why can't these things be stopped. I know in my heart there must be a way. Whether its money, volunteering, education, involvement, caring, talking , yelling....Whatever! I don't know the answer to the solution, but I believe... if there are enough of us to listen, to watch and then to take action. It may not happen tommorrow, but maybe, just maybe it can stop.WE JUST HAVE TO CARE ENOUGH TO GET INVOLVED! Can't they be?

7 comments:

Phoenix said...

Hate Evel Dick but at least his underhandedness wasn't coated in whining or super sweetness of fakey Danielle. And I'm a survivor junkie too. Will have to watch.

Molly Daniels said...

At first it was fun to watch him torment Jen...but when he went after Jameka, I thought it was time for him to go. The only thing about him winning was the reconcilliation...I honestly thought it would be he and Zach at the end, with Zach as the winner. But you gotta admit, she was hard to beat in the challenges!

Anny Cook said...

I watched one season of survivor sort of. Pretty much found it boring. Sorry ladies. Usually I would wander away from the TV and find something else to do.

So I really DON'T miss TV. Except for the BBC soaps on PBS.

Molly Daniels said...

I didn't get 'hooked' until season 2. Hubby started watching, and I got interested after the merge, but only came to the tv for Tribal Council...and then watched the final 4 episodes. That got me intrigued to watch the Aussie one:)

Phoenix said...

In Africa I wanted them to hunt and eat some of the animals hunting them at night. But alas they were in a protected plot o'land.

I hated them picking on Jen. I didn't like her but I wanted to smack Evel for the cigarette crap.

Unknown said...

Hmmm..Evel Dick...there is an obvious comment I can make there but I won't.

jackie said...

This is just a rant. as for my writings ...unlike you romance novelists...I have a "darker" side. I am drama/who done it writer.