Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shopping Frenzy

Currently Reading: Shelley Winters. I'm up to Chapter 14; she just finished filming "A Double Life".

The sweetest words this time of year?

"Whatever you want, dear..."

I stocked up on shampoo, children's cold medicine, and hubby's aspirin. The kids got a couple of games for the PS2, PSP, and DS. The family got a couple of Disney DVDs. I bought my niece and nephew some spring clothes to add to the Christmas package going out (yes, my sister knows I always wait 'till the last minute, so they get their gifts in February, lol!). My toddler, who received 8 pairs of socks at Christmas, but Mom can only find 5 pairs, now has 10 new pairs. I predict I'll be finding the rest of his old socks stuffed in the couch or under beds. At least now he'll have some, and I won't have to improvise with mine...

Food-wise, we pigged out at Applebees for lunch, dessert and all, so I was stuffed. I did get everything on the list, but for once didn't impulse shop (no gum, no candy bar). And I did get three books I've been wanting.

I was too tired to go to Kohls or the regular grocery store, but the day's not over yet! And then tomorrow, I get to pay bills, pay for my website, pay for a conference I want to attend, and there's something else I need to get...can't remember what it was...seems to me it has something to do with a certain blogmate...

In keeping with that 'Deck the Halls' parody, I came up with one for me:

One more day and I can juggle...
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Time for Love and Honeysuckle...
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Stone and Earth and Ronan's Grail...
Fa la la, la la la, la la la
Winter Hearts and Mystic Circle...
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Cyberspace will next sell...
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Celestine and Marabelle...
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Demon Wind and Incubus...
Fa la la, la la la, la la la
Let's just hope the kids don't cuss...
Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Oh yeah...now I remember! Kelly's Kountdown...How about a tasteless limerick?

There once was a girl who was waiting
For her book to have a high rating
She's got one more day
And then she can say
"Read the book and see how they're mating!"

My apologies if you're all groaning...blame it on the frigid temps down here!

And as to mine...I may wait and see if I win the contest first. Sorry Anny...I just couldn't squeeze Cherished Destinies in there anywhere!

Update on the aunt: Apparently Medicaid refuses to pay for a hospital stay when the patient is lingering and on no medicine. So she's in a private room at the nursing home, and a Hospice nuse is with her at all times. My thought was give her a mild antibiotic, but at least she won't have to depend on the short-staffed nurning home! And, now she has a chance to die with dignity...

The weather is finally getting warmer. Kids didn't have school, but they will tomorrow!

Forgot to add earlier: My daughter DVR'd part of the Grammy's the other night. No Doughtry, but a wonderful performance of 'Rhapsody in Blue' by Lung Lung and Herbie Hancock, and best of all, Josh Groban and Andrea Buccelli (sp??) singing "The Prayer". And I don't agree with a couple of the winners, but hey, I had no vote in the matter, and I don't have to buy their music.

9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Is it a book? That maybe you need to get tomorrow???

My favorite time of the year too. Have fun!

Sandra Cox said...

You're wide open today, Molly.
Love the 'sweetest thing', parody and poetry.

Unknown said...

OMG you're on drugs - I get it now

I read Shelly Winters book years ago - what a life that woman led

Unknown said...

Good call on the socks Molly. My friend and I were just discussing it yesterday. We decided that kids eat their own socks until the age of 10. Then I think they just throw them away.

Great limerick by the way. No groans here.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Phoenix said...

grooooooooaaaaaannnn. I'm laughing on the inside, I swear.

Bronwyn Green said...

Molly, Molly, Molly - lol.

Anny Cook said...

That's the beauty of it. Cherished Destinies will be there waiting when you get there!

Happy Valentines Day!

Molly Daniels said...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...what to read first?

Anonymous said...

Hi, what you think about Add a little romance by sending this personalized "I Love You" teddy bear greeting with his/her first name. You don't need an occasion . . . Just choose the teddy bears color and treat (lollipop or toy pinwheel).