Saturday, March 29, 2008

Success!

I had a fantastic time at the signing:) I sold....


Six!

I know, that may not sound like a whole lot, but two people actually bought a copy of both Love is Sober and Love Finds a Way:) I was psyched:) Especially when I sold two copies of LFAW before I'd completely unpacked my tote!

Another author, BB Walter, was also there, signing copies of her first book, Sister Light, book #1: Of Shadows. It's the first of a fantasy trilogy. I'll post more about her tomorrow.

And the even more exciting news? B&N is hosting an author event in September, with several authors scattered around the store. Both BB and I have been invited back for it; BB's second book will hopefully be published, as well as my third. More on this as September approaches.

Arrived home and my family took me out for dinner. And also received news that my aunt is back on the 'any day now' status. Apparently, she's suffered two strokes this week. I saw her on Wednesday, but she was sleeping, so I didn't go in her room. That's okay; I spent 30 minutes with her last weekend. Maybe she'll have a lucid moment and I can show her the new bookmarks and the pictures I took today; I know she's proud of me and loves me, even if I don't get to show them to her.

How's everyone else's weekend going? So far Xavier's getting pummelled by UCLA...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. My prayers are with her and your family.

Good going with selling more books.

Unknown said...

Good for you on the books...and I hope your Aunt finds peace soon

barbara huffert said...

You go girl!

Hugs for your Aunt. Shoulder available here as needed.

anny cook said...

Congrats on the sales! Best wishes for your aunt.

Phoenix said...

It's hard watching your loved one slide back in and out of health. It's emotionally taxing. Keep up your strength.

Congrats on the sales and the signing events. YOu are all over the place with them. Good for you!