Monday, December 21, 2009

Sour Grapes

Currently Reading: Finally finished Infidelity! Did. Not. See. The. Plot. Twist. Coming! WOW! It tells a beautiful story of how two people learn to trust again, and also how bitterness and anger can warp a family into committing evil acts. Very suspenseful, this book takes you on an emotional journey of highs and lows. If you're a fan of Romantic Suspense (cough Kelly Kirch or Carol P cough), you'll enjoy this story. Well done, Debbie:)

I also bought myself three more of the Carnal Reunions books. I've already read G-Spot by Taylor Tryst and am now diving into IOU by Paris Brandon. The third one I bought was Smokin' Ace by Regina Carlysle. Sorry Tessie; I'll have to get yours next week. My one good-natured complaint about this series is I'd hoped for more interaction between the girls! Maybe it's just me, but I hadn't seen my girlfriends in ten years, we would have all gone to the reunion together, instead of trickling in one by one. Will you please write a 'prequel', where the girls have a Girl's Day/Night In and catch up on each other's lives, reminisce a little, and express their opinions of past mistakes? Yes, I realize the main focus was to get them together with the men. And maybe this is just my love of mainstream fiction coming out, lol!

You Want Some Cheese With That Whine?
So Natalie won Survivor Samoa. Yes, nobody saw it coming; I thought Mick might be the surprise upset. But it was very apparent during the final episode that Russell's arrogant, cocky attitude ultimately did him in.

But what gets me is he continues to gripe about it! (Even this morning!) So he didn't get the million dollars and the title of 'Sole Survivor'. Get over it! You got not only 2nd place, but voted Fan Favorite! And from what I hear, you were also invited to compete in the 20th season, Heroes vs Villians. So shut up, congratulate Natalie (and I'm thinking Erik's speech was the deciding factor here!), and go on with your life! You said it in the first episode, you really didn't need the money. But to be voted the Best Strategic Player...you won, Russell. Too bad you're too blinded by getting beat by one member of your 'dumbass girl' alliance. Grow up.

Thanks Everyone!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes over the weekend:) And yes, I got a 'present' I really could have done without.

Remember that flu bug which kept W home from school? First he passed it to K, who ended up bringing most of his steak fajitas home in a doggy bag; K passed it to S when we arrived home; S gave it to me yesterday afternoon. Thank god for the DVR; I missed some parts of the finale due to dozing off and on while lying on the couch. I fully expect the SU to get it today. But after the lesson of 2005, if there is any blood, we're taking him immediately to the hospital. He is not allowed to cross over until after W is on his way to college in twelve years!

5 Days Left:
Gifts Bought: 2 more last Friday. If I feel up to it, I'm getting stocking stuffers today.
Cookies Baked: Stomach is still iffy, so doubt I'll do any baking today.

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone....

Sandra Cox said...

Bummer about the flu:(
I got it on my bday two years. Way to celebrate, huh?

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better Molly!