Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Terrific Tuesday with Annie Alvarez:)


Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.

Hi everyone, I’m Annie Alvarez and I write lesbian erotica. My newest release is book 4 in the Hightower Series, Lustful Torment. The story takes my lovely vampire couple into a bad breakup that leads Tamara into doing some serious soul searching.

Have you ever had an idea for a story, which scared you after you began writing it?


Of course! I remembered thinking, holy s***! This is too much like reality! It scared me enough to scrap the entire story and start fresh.


Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?


Actual events? No. My girls have done more than I’ll ever be able to do, with the magic, and the money that they have, their world has no boundaries. Me? I still operate within the limits of my budget.


How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?


I research as I write. When I get to a point where, I’m stumped, I turn to the old, reliable internet. I love Google!


Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?


Only that “vampires” aren’t exclusively heterosexual. My girls are loving (very, very loving hence, the erotica), caring and kind, but they can certainly make you hurt.


Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?


Definitely a pantser!


How long did it take for you to be published?


Well, after I wrote my first story, I sent it to off. Almost 2 years and tons of rejection letters later, I had given up. Months after I had packed my story away, I found eXtasy Books website and on a whim, I sent them my story. Within a couple of days, the EIC wrote me back saying they would publish it. Pretty cool, huh? Just when you seem to give up, things fall into place.


If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?


Oh, that’s easy…don’t get emotionally involved with your story! I know that for many writers, including me, our story becomes almost like our child. We nourish it, we invest time on it, we cradle it, we love it and we are proud of it. That’s all fine and dandy, but the truth is that our stories will see the not so good side, too. Internet pirates will steal it and plaster it all over the web, for free, even though you are trying to make a living at what you do.


Writing isn’t easy, in the first place, but when you add the extras to it, it becomes a downright challenge. Mind you, I would never give it up.


Laptop or pen and ink? What are your ‘must-haves’ when writing?


My computer. Desktop preferably, but I do just as good on my little laptop. Another must have for me is music. Love me some Evanescence!


Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?


My favorites are Jocelynn Drake, Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison. As for influencing me? It would have to be Hamilton with the Anita Blake Series and Harrison with the Rachel Morgan Series. I love Rachel and Ivy’s relationship.


What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?


That I’m allergic to pain.


For Fun:

Fun? What’s that? Just kidding. I love photography almost as much as writing and I love to scuba-dive.


Favorite drink?

Frozen Mud Slide when made correctly is heaven! Cold chocolate milk shake with alcohol. Who could go wrong?


Do you have any special Labor Day traditions?


Bar-b-que and swimming with my partner’s family.


McDonald’s or Burger King?

Burger King even though the nearest one is 30 minutes away now.


Thank you for being here today! Please tell us where we can find your books.


Thanks for having me. I had an uber great time!


You can find my books at www.extasybooks.com , and at all the major online eBook retailers, Amazon, Barnesandnoble.com and such. Oh, and I just found out that ibooks now carries Session’s, too! How cool is that?

You can always visit me at www.anniealvarez.net or find me at my blog: http://naughtylittlevamp.blogspot.com


Blurb:

Is it not enough that I have put up with her blatant disobedience and have tolerated her abandonment to our way of living and our life together? As Matriarch of the Hightower Clan, I should take what rightfully belongs to me. No one would deny me that right, but I want more than just her body standing next to me. I want her heart and love to follow willingly.


Excerpt:

Jaz soaped up my hair, massaged my scalp and then pulled me into the water flow and into her arms. As the shampoo ran out of my hair, our lips met and her embrace tightened around my waist. Her hand followed the path of the soapy water until it reached my butt cheek, giving it a little squeeze. Slippery and wet, she rubbed her breasts against my chest. Her nipples grew harder with every pass. I reached between her legs, my hand palm up and fondled her crotch. She dropped her head on my shoulder, sinking her teeth into me as she held back a cry. The hot steam rose around us, enveloping me in its warmth while her bite captivated my senses, encouraging my sadistic side to emerge. I had all but forgotten what it was like to be with another experienced vampire. We loved pain and we loved to bite.


I gripped her hair and pressed her face into my shoulder. I wanted to relish the sting of her fangs for as long as possible. I forcibly drove three fingers deep inside her cunt, and she bit harder. Tendrils of pleasure latched onto every nerve, and I spiraled into a passionate frenzy. Alice moved rapidly as I turned and slammed Jaz’s back against the wall where she once stood. Jaz moaned, released her bite and then filled me with her fingers, compelling my tightened muscles to give way.


As the hot water beat on my back, Jaz continued to fuck me, unrelentingly, driving her fingers into me, adding more fervor to each new stroke than the last. My knees had threatened to buckle. I knew I would come if I didn’t stop her. At the same time that I grabbed her wrist, pushing her arm down forcing her fingers out of me, I latched my teeth onto her shoulder, maneuvered my back against the shower wall and jutted my fangs into her flesh. She moaned and her knees gave. I held her tightly against my body with one arm clasped around her waist. My other hand invaded her wetness while I dug my fangs deeper and drank from her shoulder. Suddenly, the hot water turned to a cold spray. As I gripped Jaz by the waist and threw her out of the shower, I saw Alice moving her hand away from the faucet handle. I hissed and grabbed the back of Alice’s head, getting a handful of her hair in my grasp.


“You were draining her,” Alice pleaded in self-defense.


"She is mine to do with as I please," I snarled, then yanked her head back exposing and biting her neck. Careful only to take a small amount of blood from her, I forced her mouth to my already healing shoulder and made her taste my blood.

2 comments:

Jean Hart Stewart said...

Love a new experience and this was one for me....nice, nice, nice. Jean

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me Annie:)