Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back To Work!

School's back in session, and I'm missing the way it used to be.

Then:  Pack the spouse off to work (6am), then get kids up around 7.  Drive them to school; come hone; watch news while drinking 2nd cup of coffee (while warming up computer-this part I DON'T miss!); then turn on radio and settle in for three hours of writing time.  Break for lunch; do any housework; then pick up kids at 3; help with homework; back to the writing until time to get dinner on table.

Now:  Wake up youngling and get him to school by 8; wake up CK (depending on the day-some days it's by 9, others by 9:30); check emails; Face Book; blog; promo any links.  Take a break for housework, lunch, taking care of the granddaughter, or errands; write for an hour or two; help with homework; make the round of emails and FB again; start dinner prep.

The days I'm most productive are the days when the spouse is occupied.  If he's bored, then he gripes about my time on the computer.  And when he does pitch in around the house, he expects me to help him, instead of 'goofing off' on the computer.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be in my best interests to leave the house around 8:30 every morning for my favorite coffee shop and work there until 11am.  THEN come home and spend the afternoon on other projects.  Why?  I have a character begging for attention.  I wrote out part of his story on Saturday, but now he's begging for more.  I'm going to try to get to it in the next hour!

Still haven't uploaded my weekend pics; I'll do that this afternoon.  Have a great day!

No comments: