Friday, October 19, 2012

Flashback Friday: My Little Bald Ghost:)

Happy 49th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Today's my day to blog over at RBRU, and I'm celebrating the one-year anniversary of Love On The Rocks.  Stop by and read a deleted Halloween scene from Forbidden Love:)

Currently Reading:  Finished Desiree Holt's Collision Course, and WOW!  Awesome plot and wonderful characters!  Ms Holt never fails to astonish me, given the fact she's written over 100 books and still keeps everything fresh.  Recommended Read!  Next up:  Anny Cook's Shadows of Stone.  Already on Ch. 2 and loving it:)

Print-wise:  Decided to hold off on A Duke's Promise and read Never Seduce A Scoundrel by Sabrina Jeffries instead.  Really enjoying this one also!


Halloween 1992:
We weren't allowed to trick or treat at the apartment complex, so I dressed 10-m/o K in his white sleeper and took him to friend B's house.  She'd dressed baby T in a pumpkin suit, and we took our little ones around her neighborhood.  Everyone admired our boys, and then I did what every good mother of a baby does on Halloween:  I promptly ate all of his candy bars, Smarties, and Tootsie Rolls.  Gave K his evening bottle and put him down for the night:)

Something I forgot to mention last month:  When I called the clinic for K's 9 month check up, I discovered the dr who'd delivered him had graduated from the teaching hospital and we were now assigned to a Dr. Dewey.

I'll admit, my 1st instinct was to ask where Huey and Louey were.  (I know; not kind.)  But then I decided to try him out, and if I didn't like him, I could always find another pediatrician.

But the minute Dr. Steve stepped into the room, we clicked.  At the end of the visit, he said, "Now I always tell my 1st time moms to watch out for temper tantrums at this age."

"Oh, we've already had one."

He looked interested.  "How did you handle it?"

"He fought me getting dressed this morning, so I laid two outfits down, stepped over him, and told him when he was finished fussing to pick one and meet me in the living room.  5 minutes later, he came out sniffling, but let me dress him."

"Can I get you to talk to my other moms?  You've got the best attitude I've seen so far."

I laughed.  "I've been baby-sitting since age twelve.  You don't try to reason with anyone throwing a tantrum; it feeds the attention.  You walk away, and when they realize you're not paying any attention, they cooperate."

Twenty years later, he's still our doctor of choice.  I've teased him about having to be in the same retirement community when we're older, so he can still be my doctor!  (He's a month older than I am.)

Present Day:
For an hour last night, it was the Molly Show at karaoke.  I inflicted four new songs on the unsuspecting patrons:
-That Was Yesterday (Foreigner):  Not bad; need more practice.  I sound better when it's just Mick and I in the car, lol:)
-What's Up (4 Non-Blondes):  I have my good days and my bad days on this song, and last night it was so-so.
-Come As You Are (Nirvana):  Ugh.  This one is too monotone for my liking.
-Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd):  Again, ugh.  I'd forgotten about the 'talking' parts.
-Just Like Jesse James (Cher):  Had to redeem myself for two bad songs in a row.
-Chevy Van (Sammy Johns):  Turned it around so I was singing about picking up a male hitch hiker, and did well.  Still, I may only sing this every once in a while.

Have a packed schedule today, and am setting up at a Holiday Bazaar tomorrow.  Have a good weekend and hopefully I'll be more chatty next week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Des is a favorite of mine. :)

Molly Daniels said...

I LOVE her books:) Met her last April at RT; can hardly wait to see her again.