Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Pics And A Teaser....


My sister and her two children:)  They live in Vancouver, BC, so I don't get to see them very often.  R (left) is 7 and D (right) is 9.  I struck gold for both kids this year for Christmas presents:  I got R anthologies of Amelia Bedelia and Berenstain Bears.  Spoke to my sister last night and R reads a different story to her every night at bedtime:)  With D, I bought him The Lightening Thief, and it kept him enthralled during the long airplane ride home.  I now know what to get him for his birthday:)



My mom, looking awesome!  She's able to eat regular food now, and enjoyed the week with her Canadian-American grandchildren, plus two days with her great-grandchild:)  Mom and Dad will celebrate 50 years of marriage next year; plans are in the works.



Miss Alexandria, in her Pooh Bear Thanksgiving dress:)  She charmed everyone by her ability to sit up.  She can't do it herself just yet, but will sit up if placed in that postion.


 
My family and I stayed at the hotel with the water park.  On Friday, W and D came over to swim; R had a fever and wasn't feeling well.  We were soon joined by our 'other sister', K and her two children, M (far left) and A (front with dark shirt).  M is 12, A is 8.  K is the one who underwent drastic interleukin treatment for melanoma two years ago and beat the cancer.  Enjoyed seeing her kids again!




And I'd be remiss if I didn't include a pic of my BIL (center).  Also pictured, my SU and daughter.  Temps were in the 60's, so after eating, people went outside and enjoyed the nice weather:)

And Now For The Teaser:


Eight of the twelve dozen cookies made yesterday (four are stashed away for teachers).  Today I may make Oatmeal-Raisin, since it is the spousal unit's fave.

Cookies Baked:  
6 doz Holiday Chip
6 doz Choc. Chip

Tree Progress:  Still in basement.  Living room still a mess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I managed to put the tree up last Wednesday, but it's bare. Hopefully we can decorate it tonight! :)

Molly Daniels said...

Daughter cleared the space for the tree; now I need to bring it and the decorations upstairs. Dragging my feet this year; what's wrong with me? Must be the Mayan prediction or something....;)