Monday, January 14, 2013

Guest Post: Carol Preflatish:)


I've had the honor of meeting Carol twice now:)  Once when she came up to see me while at an event in Washington, IN, and this past fall when she joined author BC Brown and I in Bruceville, IN:)  And I'm delighted her 3rd release is due to my bullying nagging coaxing her to finish and submit!  Why?  Several years ago she posted an excerpt of this book and I wanted to read it.  Now.  But she hadn't finished it, so Molly sits and waits.  And waits.  And twiddles her thumbs.  But a title change (thanks a lot, Carol!  You mean I could have used it after all?) and a bit of polish and it's here!  And me with a TBR list a mile long...But enough about me.  Turning this over to fellow Hoosier Ms Carol while I go off and finish reading so I can get to her book sooner!  Take it away:)


First, I want to thank Molly for hosting me here today. We've been online friends for years and last fall, I had the honor of spending the day with her at a festival where we shared a table, along with BC Brown, selling our books. It was a blast and I hope we can get together again for something like that.

Two of my favorite things to do is cook good food and write romance, so it only made sense for me to combine those two things and the result is my latest romance novel, "A Kitchen Affair," which was just released last week from Sweet Cravings Publishing.




Blurb:
When culinary student Jenny Marshall struggles to pay her tuition, she decides to become a Personal Chef to make ends meet. The most eligible bachelor in town, Derek James, has a crisis. Two days before his Thanksgiving dinner party, his cook has to quit due to a family emergency. Desperate, he hires Jenny to cook for his party and there's chemistry from the start.
He likes her, she likes him, but Colleen Michaels, a manager at his company, has set her sights on Derek also and she does everything she can to sabotage his relationship with Jenny. Everyone thinks Colleen is the perfect match for Derek; everyone that is, except Derek. He desperately wants Jenny in his life. However, Colleen has other plans to keep that from happening. What lengths will she go to in order to keep Derek and Jenny apart?I'd like to share a excerpt where Derek and his best friend Wes, who's a real player, buys drinks for a couple ladies at a bar. After the excerpt, you'll find the recipe for the drink that they bought. It will definitely warm you up on a cold night.


Wes motioned for the waiter. "Would you take those two ladies over there each a hot Peppermint Patty drink?"



Derek could only shake his head and chuckle when the waiter left with the order.



"What?" Wes asked.



"You uphold your playboy reputation very well."



"I try, my friend. I try. Did you tell Jenny you were leaving?"



"Yes. For all the good it did."



"What do you mean?"



"She stopped by my office yesterday morning and gave me a sweater for Christmas and I gave her a gold necklace with a chef's hat pendant. I was just about to kiss her when Colleen walked in to thank me for the tennis bracelet I gave her."



"Wait a minute, you gave Colleen a tennis bracelet?"



"No, I didn't. Ellen bought it with my credit card and gave it to her saying it was from me. Jenny left pretty fast when Colleen started waving the bracelet in front of her. After work, I drove over to Jenny's to explain about the bracelet."



"Did she understand?"



"I never spoke to her. When I drove toward her house that Stefano guy had just arrived and she was in the driveway hugging him."



"All the more reason to enjoy the company of some ladies here in Aspen, which I believe is just about to happen." Wes and Derek stood as the ladies Wes had bought the drinks for approached the table.



"Thank you for the drinks," one said.



"They're wonderful. What do you call them?" the other asked.



"Please sit down," Wes said. "They're called a Peppermint Patty. It's hot chocolate with a couple shots of peppermint schnapps."



"They're delicious. I'm Janice, by the way."



"And, I'm Barbara and we're from Chicago."



"I'm Wes and this is Derek and we're from a little town close to Cincinnati."


Peppermint Patty

Mix one shot of Peppermint Schnapps, 1/2 of a shot of Creme de Cacao into a cup of hot chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream and any type of candied sprinkles as desired. 
 

(Ooooh, I looooove the sound of this!)

"A Kitchen Affair" is available in several e-book formats on my publisher's web site, http://bit.ly/Z5Q2i2 and hopefully soon you'll be able to find it on my Amazon Author's page, https://www.amazon.com/author/carolpre It will be available in paperback in a couple months.

Thanks for being with me today Carol!  I can hardly wait to get this on my Kindle and read it:)  Just as soon as I finish the one I'm currently reading.  Look for my mini-review sometime in the next two weeks!


8 comments:

Carol Preflatish said...

Thanks for having me here, Molly. And, for the pushing to get this book finished.

Liz Flaherty said...

That peppermint patty sounds good!

Unknown said...

Oh thanks for introducing me! I want to read this one for sure. :)

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Carol, your book sounds as delectable as that recipe. Yum! I want one even though it's early morning! So glad you finished and published your book. Sometimes coaxing from a friend like Molly can help us do that. Best of luck.

Tabitha Shay said...

Love the recipe....great excerpt...Good luck with ur new release...Tabs

Marian Allen said...

Yum! Sounds delicious! And I like the sound of a player who knows enough to send free drinks and chocolate all in one. lol

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Carol Preflatish said...

Thanks, everyone. After seeing that photo above of Molly, BC and myself, I forgot how hot and sunburned we were that day.

Molly Daniels said...

Bought my Kindle copy yesterday! Now need to squeeze in more reading time.