Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Ramblings

It had the audacity to snow last night.  Travel plans have been cancelled.  Which is good, considering it's nearly noon and I'm still in my jammies.  I have more time to knock out the laundry and clean up my kitchen, which I've seriously neglected the past four days.  Why?

March Madness Is Here!!

Thursday Night:
Cheered my 1st 16 teams and ended up being correct about 10 teams moving on, which included Butler:)  Fixed a delicious beef cobbler, then went back to my post in front of the television.  I also discovered a wonderful 'Cinderella' team, Florida Gulf Coast U.

Friday Night:
Cheered on the next 16 teams, including Indiana and Illinois.  And was only correct for 9 of them.  We'd had a late lunch at BW3, so I wasn't hungry.  I fixed my youngest some hot dogs; the SU took himself to Ponderosa for the seafood buffet.

Sat:
Parked myself in front of the TV at noon and was soon yelling at my 8 teams to step it up.  Butler was eliminated, and so was Gonzaga.  Only 3 of my teams advanced.  The spouse picked up pizza for us, since I was in no mood to cook.

Sun:
Did better this day.  6 of the 8 teams advanced, including Indiana and Florida GC:)  Illinois was knocked out by Miami.  I put together a beef roast, and fixed baked potatoes.  Warmed up some leftover veggies in the fridge and ate mine during halftime of one of the games.  The SU was not amused, but I reminded him "It's TWO weekends out of the YEAR!"

The Sweet 16:
Louisville          Kansas
Oregon              Michigan
Michigan St       Florida
Duke                  Florida GC
Wichita St          Indiana
LaSalle              Syracuse
Arizona              Marquette
Ohio St               Miami

Want pics from last weekend?

Carol Preflatish, me, and Karen McClive.  We look cold because the temps were in the low 50's and the wind was occasionally not nice to our promo items.



Maddie James, whom I've 'talked' online to in the last several years.  I wanted to buy one of her books, but she left before I got around to it.



The lovely Jan Scarborough:)  I loved one of her 1st books, A Man of her Own.  Go pick this one up:)



Left:  CS Marks, fantasy author I met last October in Columbus, IN.  Right:  AuthorViolet Peterson, dressed as one of her characters.



CS Marks' vehicle:)



Frank, owner of That Book Place and I



Myself and Terry, another author.  I'd seen him walking around, but didn't get to speak to him until after the event.



The bridge from Madison, IN to Kentucky, SR 421.  It's under construction.



Key West Shrimp House, where we ate dinner Friday night.  Yuuuummmy!!!  And the owners and staff are very friendly!

4 comments:

Liz Flaherty said...

Looks like fun times!

Kayelle McClive said...

Had such a blast with you!! Cannot wait til we can do it again!!

Carol Preflatish said...

We had such a great time that weekend. The flying tent was just the start. LOL

Molly Daniels said...

@Liz: We had a blast! Looking forward to next year:)

@Kayelle and Carol: I enjoyed hanging out with you two and thank you sooooo much for the invite!