Monday, July 1, 2013

End of the Month Recap and Answered Prayer!

Currently Reading:  Finished Regina Carlysle's Eagle's Refuge and JD Robb's Reunion In Death.  Two questions:  a)  Why did it take so long for me to read then entire Eagle series, and b) why is it I've only read TWO JD Robb books?  Recommended Reads!  I'm yada-yadda-ing the sex scenes again....not sure why.  Blame it on the stress level over the weekend or just the fact I'm (gulp!) burned out again???  Next Up:  Innocent by Mary Martinez (I'm up to Ch 7 I think!!  Really enjoying this!) and The Reluctant Suiter by Kathleen Woodiwiss.  I confess to having skimmed most of Ch 1....hoping this picks up with the next chapter.  Otherwise, it may end up in my DNF pile.


A bomb was dropped on me late Thursday night, one which literally had me shaking with first shock, then anger, then action taken.  I sought advice from several trusted friends, and even Legal Aid.  Steps had to be taken quickly to ensure the protection of a family member.

I prayed all weekend for an intervention, a change of heart...anything to delay this course of action.  And when I was informed last night of plans being stepped up, we argued loudly against it.

And was granted a reprieve.

This morning, I woke up depressed, thinking of everything I needed to do in the next 36 hours, and frankly, just the thought made me want to stay curled up in my warm bed and cry.  But I got out of bed, started the coffee, and mentally prepared myself for what was about to be tackled.  Still I prayed for the burden to be lifted, and remembered He never drops anything on you He thinks you can't handle.

Well all right then.  Apparently I'm not seeing the Big Picture.

10 minutes later, the family member arrived home with the news plans had been cancelled.

My stress level immediately went down, and I feel positive again:)

A rainbow in the clouds of depression has appeared.

Time to go back to work.

End Of The Month Recap:
What a month June was!  A beloved ex-boyfriend/fiance/muse was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer at the end of May, and on June 17th he lost his battle.  My daughter ended her relationship with baby Alexandria's father and took up with another somewhat promising young man, only to have her feelings crushed two or three weeks later.  I've been editing book #7 among all this family chaos, and having to toddler-proof the house again.  It's been 8 years since we've had a 2-foot tall person toddling around the house and getting into everything!  You know what they say....'she may only be two feet tall, but she's got a six-foot arm span!'

Print Books Read:  6
E-books Read:  9
Total:  15.

Publishing Efforts/Book Signings:
Still riding the wave of the two books which released last month:)  Plus did two book signings, in which I spoke to many potential readers, and ended up giving away every single one of Sandy Sullivan's compact mirrors.

I'm also hip-deep in edits for book #7, Love Weighs In.

Health:
Just had my yearly mammogram and feeling pretty good.  Now if the sinuses will cooperate, everything will be hunky-dory.  But this is Indiana....and humidity central.  Sigh.

More Cancer Hits My Family:
I already mentioned Steve passed away this month.  And I'm about to lose my Great-Uncle Mac, whom is now on full-time hospice care down in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.  My Aunt Geri, who is also a melanoma survivor, was just told she has a mass on one of her kidneys.  She's scheduled for surgery soon.

I really need to hurry up and finish my cancer story....

Vacation Plans Set!
Made reservations for our scheduled stops to Colorado!  We'll be staying at motels with water parks.  The kids are going to be so damn spoiled....DVD players in the vehicles, plus my parents have a brand-spanking new Dodge Grand Caravan; water parks; and 8 adults to spoil the four little ones.  Clearly, my sis and I were born 40 years too early, lol!

July Reading Schedule will be up tomorrow:)

4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

I'm sorry that things were rough for you. I will send prayers that things get better. Sometimes I get mad that it appears we have so much to handle with life (I know God only gives us what he knows we can handle- but sometimes I wish I couldn't handle so much!).

You should read all the JD Robb books. Naked in Death is the first and you can probably get it at a used book store.

Unknown said...

I am incredibly glad the situation resolved itself. I thought it might be a flash-in-the-pan type deal, but feared it wasn't. Boy am I glad it turned out for the better.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I know I've been wrapped up in my thing lately, but I'll try to be here for you in you need an ear.

Can't wait to read Love Weighs In.
-b

Molly Daniels said...

@Melissa: Thank you:) And LOL....I know I've got broad shoulders, but enough is enough sometimes!

My mom reads the JD Robb series, but only passed on one book (can't remember title). I saw this one at a garage sale and snapped it up; it sounded interesting.

Molly Daniels said...

@BC: I haven't seen this particular uncle in almost 20 years (1995). He's my dad's favorite, and now with my grandmother gone, I'm sorry I didn't pay more attention to the stories from that side of the family.

And you know I've got your back, sweetie:) Things will improve on your end too.