Friday, October 4, 2013

Flashback Friday

October 1973
I decided to go as Miss America.  Mom let me borrow a black wig and she made up my face with bright red lipstick, rouge, and eye shadow.  It was chilly, so I wore jeans and a black turtleneck sweater under one of Mom's white nightgowns, and wore a necklace, bracelets, and even clip on earrings.  My sister was a bunny rabbit:)

We also watched the Sonny and Cher show; I wasn't allowed to watch The Carol Burnett Show because it came on at 10pm on Saturday, and I had to be up by 8am the next day for church.  We watched All In The Family and Little House on the Prairie (my dad called it 'Little Horse', since that's the first thing you saw in the opening credits!).  We even watched Mary Tyler Moore, though I think I spent most evenings in my room reading or listening to music.  I loved The Carpenters, Elton John, and Cher.  I also remember catching some Happy Days episodes, though not faithfully watching until later seasons.

********
Present Day:
It's Homecoming weekend, so the youngling doesn't have school.  We'll go to the parade this afternoon (weather permitting), and I think I'm making tacos for dinner.

Tomorrow, I think I'm off to the Daviess' county festival.  The spouse and I are still discussing it.  If I can go, I need to check through my promo items, to see what I need to rush order.

Tomorrow Night's Karaoke Songs:
Edge of 17-Stevie Nicks
Endless Love-Lionel Richie/Diana Ross
Escape-Rupert Holmes
Everlasting Love-Gloria Estefan

Have a great weekend!

No comments: