Friday, November 20, 2015

Flashback Friday:

November 1995:
After spending a miserable summer dealing with back pain, cortizone shots which causes major leg muscle spasms, and resisting the idea of surgery, D decided, once he was laid off for the winter, to go ahead and schedule his surgery.

After leaving the kids with a sitter, we drove to the Carmel office and D was whisked away.  I spent five wonderful solitary hours, working on Forbidden Love, and talking books with another woman in the waiting room.

I had a serious 'uh-oh' moment, when a priest came around to offer prayers or comfort and I was in the middle of writing a rather steamy scene between Keri and Kyle! I simply closed my notebook, smiled at him, and told him I was fine, my hubby was in Good Hands with God and the surgeon, Dr. Bagin.

After D was in recovery, he was amazed by the non-pain in his back, and walked out of the hospital, 6 hours after entering, with a band-aid covering the wound!  He said Dr. B had told him, "I don't ever want to go that deep in your back ever again!"

I think we spent Thanksgiving and the weekend in Vincennes, with D's family, setting up his mom's decorations for her on Sunday.

***********
Present Day:
Getting ready for my final signing of the year, the Holiday Vendor Fair, tomorrow  from 8-2pm at one of our former elementary schools.

Sang two songs last night, Zombie and I Got The Boy, but camera batteries quit before the first verse of Zombie was over.  So will sing it again in two weeks.

Saturday's Karaoke Songs:
Since I have to be at church by 7:30 on Sunday, I'll only sing two songs tomorrow, three if the rotation's light:
It's Not Over-Daughtry
Grand Illusion-Styx
It's Only Love-B, Adams/T. Turner (if there's time)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: