Friday, July 28, 2017

Flashback Friday: "You Did WHAT?"

July 2007
Back in May, T revealed some shennanigans which led to his community taking sides between he and L.  In June, he revealed he was losing friends left and right due to his actions.  This month, I received a phone call.

"Don't get spooked, but I filed for divorce today."

I was stunned.  What do you say to that?

"I'm sorry??  Or if this is a huge weight lifted, then I'm happy for you??"

He laughed.  "Yeah, I know.  I have mixed emotions myself."

He also explained L was refusing to get help for her prescription pain med dependence or stop drinking.  He'd reached the end of his rope.

Two weeks later, he showed up at my house, then after an hour decided to blast me for my decision to self-publish Book #2 in my AU series.  He'd met someone who had worked for XLibres, who informed him that it was pretty much all a scam.

I didn't care.  I wasn't having any luck with NY, and with the encouragement I'd been receiving online, I'd decided to go with AuthorHouse for Love Finds A Way.  T told me I was throwing money away, and he left with me fuming on the inside.  I then dressed up a little and went to Walmart, where several men smiled at me, and boosted my confidence again.

Next Month:  My Baby Enters School!

********
Present Day:
Tomorrow, I'm off to the Indies in Indy conference:)  I'll be manning the Silent Auction table, so come by and see me?

No comments: