Friday, February 9, 2018

Flashback Friday: Strange Way To Celebrate Valentine's Day....

Feb 1988:
Six months of trying to flip-flop my body clock finally took its toll, esp with the speeding ticket the previous month.  I decided to end my relationship with CS.

As luck would have it, this momentous occasion happened to be on Valentine's Day.  We spent a lackluster day together, most of it while he was sleeping, then I gently broke up with him.  Friends JR and DH took me out to dinner at Ponderosa and presented me with a small teddy bear that I promptly placed on my dashboard (he lay flat on his tummy) and named 'Co-Pilot'.

Friend BH and I, along with JR, went to a local bar, the Round Up, and had so much fun dancing, that I decided to make one more trip down, to party and say farewell to this college town.

Little did I know Fate had other plans.....

Next Month:  Fall out From Speeding Ticket and Oops, Rebellion Part 3?

************
Present Day:
I'm currently at my parents' house, helping out for either the next week, or staying longer if my dad's surgery is scheduled.  So far, I've taken down the tree and put away the decorations, and played Words With Friends with K,S, J, F, and A.  I joined the app just to play with my son, and suddenly more people want to play with me!

I have to take issue with this app:  It won't recognize some names; some words; but accepts "QIS" as a WORD?  I've been playing for nearly a week, and some of the letter combinations has just bumfuzzled me.  One game, I was given nearly only vowels, no matter how many times I tried to swap them out.

This is why I've always hated playing Scrabble....

Olympic Update:
Figure Skating, Team Competition:
USA is in 2nd, due to Nathan Chen stumbling and falling twice on his quads, then the Pair duo tripping, but not falling.  Japan's Men's skater was flawless, as was the German pair, the Canadian pair, and the Russian pair.

Moguls:
USA did well in both men's and women's.

Opening ceremonies are tonight!  Anxious to see who's carrying the flag.

No comments: