Friday, March 16, 2018

Flashback Friday: Oops....Busted!

March 1988:
Back in January, I'd received my 1st speeding ticket.  I'd dutifully called the Knox County Superior Court and asked who to make the check out to, and mailed in my $45 payment....I also broke up with CS on Valentine's Day, but returned the next week in order to party and say goodbye.  But Fate had other plans.....

When I arrived that final weekend, the gang introduced me to an albino guy, DB.  He and I ended up clicking, personality-wise, so I was reluctant to return to BSU.   We exchanged phone numbers, then I returned to take my final exams for the quarter and to get ready for Spring Break.

My father met me at the door, a little upset.

"Did you know you cannot pay a speeding ticket with a check?  Also, I told you not to drive the car over 65 mph.  You were going 68."

I thought to myself, then I won't tell you I was actually going 73 when he pulled me over!  Outwardly, I agreed, and went to the bank as soon as I could, in order to get a money order and pay my fine!

Since I was the only one on Break, the house was quiet, so DB and I spoke on the phone quite often.

Next Month:  Phone Bill Fiasco and 1st Official Job

**************
Present Day:
Miss Melissa and I are headed to Nashville today!  Dad's surgery was a success, though he's not supposed to drive or lift over 10 lbs for the next week or so.  Tomorrow, I'll be at Wanderlust In Indy, down on Monument Circle (Sheridan Hotel???)/

Dad had to spend the night, so I drove Mrs. Sato to her exercises, then 'sprung' Dad, dropped off and picked up his prescriptions, then headed first to the CMS meeting for next year's trip to DC, ate dinner at BW3, and headed for Petersburg to spend the night with Melissa and Claire Bennett.  I'll return to Lafayette late tonight, then head to Indy tomorrow.  I'll probably sleep all day Sunday, ha ha....then drive Mrs. Sato all next week, plus take Mom and Dad to appointments.  My next 'personal day' is a week from Monday, when I have to be present for an intake meeting at The Willows for my Teen.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: