Friday, December 28, 2018

Flashback Friday: Shiny New Toy!

Dec 2008:
We got a new computer!  Unfortunately, it the OS was VISTA, which no one liked.  But, it weighed less than the old monitor, and worked enough that I could write, chat, and receive/send email....sort of.

I couldn't comment on the blogs, or even google anything, unless I went to the library or used my daughter's laptop (XP).  This caused friction at times, when I wanted to work, but was unable to leave the house or use the daughter's 'toy'.

For K's birthday, he received contacts, plus we went to Outback Steakhouse.  Then-toddler refused to sit on Santa's lap.

For my birthday, friends/neighbors, my BFF EY, and ourselves went to Cheeseburger In Paradise (now a defunct Fuddruckers), and enjoyed dinner.

We enjoyed Christmas Day at home, then went to Grandma's and Aunt Linda's later that week.

I also achieved my goal of blogging every day!  366 posts (leap year)!

Next Month:  My 1st Contract and New Pet In The House!

**********
Present Day: 
Mom had a very good Christmas at the rehab center, even going to PT that day!  Our Christmas was quiet, with everyone sleeping in until 9am.  We celebrated with K and his g/f J on Christmas Eve, then played Cards Against Humanity until midnight.

Christmas Day, Sara made homemade chicken and noodles; I made ham and cheese sliders and deviled eggs.  We'd also bought a veggie tray, a fruit tray, and a shrimp ring.  Later, we played the new Trivial Pursuit, 2000's edition, and with some coaching, 6 y/o Alex won!  S was 2nd, followed by me, W, then D.

Wishing you a safe and happy New Year's!

No comments: