Friday, February 22, 2019

Flashback Friday

February 2009:
This was an eventful month.

It began with Bruce Springsteen singing the halftime show at the Super Bowl, though I can't recall who won, the Cardinals or the Steelers!  I do remember Bruce sliding into a camera, crotch-first.

The famous Octo-Mom gave birth...god, those kids are 10 years old now!  At least she's not still making headlines...

I began walking twice a week with the HS moms, and finally visited Charlie's Candy Shop and some downtown stores I'd only driven by.

We had three deaths in the family; D's Uncle Jack , my 'adopted grandma', Cecelia, and either her friend Kenny or Wally, who had no arms and loved it when we'd bring Lucky to the facility.

I was dragged onto FB via our HS reunion coordinator, who decided it was a better effective way of letting everyone know the plans.  I resisted at first, but quickly grew to love it!  Thanks Freddy:)

Writng-wise, I finished writing OTC and raised my status in a friend's eyes, as he read it and told me I'd surprised him.  "You're NOT 'just' a romance writer." 

"Ummm, no, I'm not."

Also, edits arrived for ASEW, and my already-published friends laughed when I posted about being excited about it!

I was invited to sign at the Blue Moon Art Gallery on one of the First Friday Art Walks....no one showed up to see me, but still had fun talking to those who came into the store!

S and I decided to finally unwrap the Mama Mia DVD and watch it.  Movie begins, I start singing.

S hits the 'pause' button.  "Mom, don't sing."

So I start humming.  Again she pauses it.

"How do you know these songs?  You didn't see the Broadway show; we didn't go see the movie.  We just unwrapped the DVD, so I KNOW you haven't seen this!"

"Honey, it's the music of ABBA.  I've been singing these songs since I was ten years old."

Eye-roll from the teenage daughter.  ""Just....don't sing."

The Pinky/Mikey/Oreo Comedy Show was in full swing! Click the link and scroll down.

Next Month:  Edits Make Me Snarky

***********
Present Day:
Our weather continues to hover in the 30s, and rainy.  On a positive note, we've only had a light dusting of snow, so yay!

I managed to write a short story on Monday, then discovered on Tuesday the glaring plot-hole in the center:  If it's barely 30 degrees outside, and my heroine is wearing a 'chilly shoulders' top, the last thing she'll want to do is be outside on the patio of a bar!  Oops...but on the other hand, it could be a 'foreshadowing' moment for what's about to happen?  Still, I'm opting to go back in and change it.

Teen came down with strep throat last week, and was out of school two days.  Granddaughter didn't feel good Monday night, but bounced back and was fine Tuesday morning.  Spouse woke up Wednesday with the stomach flu, and I'm praying I don't catch it!

No comments: