Friday, February 8, 2019

Flashback Friday: Me and My Big Mouth....

Feb 1989:
Recap:  DB and I had been dating for nearly a year, and his juvenile antics were making me weary.  Senior-itis was definitely beginning to set in, and I'd also reconnected with JF, who had divorced the woman he dumped me for!  I broke up with DB for the grand total of six days, but only after he whined about our breakup.

JF and I continued to have long phone conversations, and I also had developed a mild crush on one of the guys we hung around with.  Problem was, nobody knew his last name!  So when the opportunity arose to send him a Valentine through the dorm, I did so....but badly mangled his last name.

Valentine's night, I found an excuse to be in his room with another friend, but no 'secret Valentine' was delivered.  Resigned to the fact no one knew who he was, I concentrated on the upcoming party with DB and JF.

I separated those candy hearts with sayings on them into two piles.  All the 'lovey' ones were going to JF, while the more 'friend' ones would go to DB.  I drove down for what would turn out to be a very tearful weekend.

I told you I was bad at Valentine's Day, right?

While at the party, I knew DB had a crush on a girl named Y, and when I found out she liked him too, I stupidly told her to hang on for about two more weeks, and he'd be all hers.  What did she do?

Ran right to him and told him what I'd said, which caused DB to blow up at me.  JF got involved and told me he didn't feel 'that way' about me anymore, which stunned and shocked me.  DB and I had a long talk, and ultimately decided to stay together.  But I was humiliated in front of my friends, and very depressed.

Next Month:  Senioritis Rears Its Ugly Head aka My Panic Attack

********
Present Day:
I finally finished filing our taxes yesterday, so our Valentine's Day celebration will be closer toward W's birthday.  We're not getting much of a refund this year, which sucks, and I managed to get the number we owe State down to just over 1,000.  We have got to get state taxes paid out of the SSI!  Maybe this is the year we'll finally do that?  Only been saying we need to do this for the past six years....

Roofers finished last week, but it began raining on Tues, and suddenly we had a waterfall above the kitchen sink.  I called them on Wed, and the guy immediately came out and fixed it.  Turned out some of the siding had been knocked loose.  Half an hour later, no more waterfall!

Good thing, because it rained all day Thurs, and a tornado touched down south of town.  Kids had a two hour delay due to fog yesterday, and the buses had issues getting kids home from school.


No comments: