Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Life In Lumber: Y3, W4

 Day 18: Voice improving!

I'm still cracky, but not croakey anymore!  Arrived; HC M was hanging out and killing time until her shift ended at 5.  We talked; she swept; I did pop count.  When she left, I did the prelim duties and stayed on the lookout for Bob's customer.  Had one customer buy 70 bags of concrete, but they could only get 40 in their vehicle.  Another customer bought 60 bags of roofing compound.  Finally, AY comes in and I loaded his LAR and rang him up.  Success.  He returns a little while later, put $$ on his LAR, and I rang him up again.  But....the receipt didn't print.  HC A came down and had it print up at CS desk.  I went to break, and Sami took over.  When I returned, the same thing had happened to her!  Fortunately, it behaved the rest of the night.

Started closing duties; sanitized the registers, swept entire area, and put away items in Electrical, Paint, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Living on a Prayer tee, capris, black mask.


Day 19: Voice still improving!

Shift began on a sour note; I'd forgotten Bob's customer order from yesterday was invoiced, so I got credit for the sale instead of him.  Oops....otherwise, things were nice and slow.  Did soda count and prelim duties, then swept, sanitized the registers, and at 7:30, called HC E to see if they'd forgotten about my break.  Discovered Sacred had called in, so HC M came down to give me a break.  The new chicken truck had sent in sandwiches, so noshed on one and put another in my locker, then swiped a third and ate it at my station.  Pulled trash and wiped down the counters, and at 9, locked the doors.  HC E cleaned me out and we chatted while waiting for Gavin to return with the hopper, then I closed the door and walked him to the front.  Mgr S teased me...."You can't leave; you need to be last out the door."

"Where is it written that I have to be last?"

I was the first one out, lol!  I was also the only senior cashier on the floor tonight.

Outfit:  Blue Vegas tee, Bless This Mess sweatshirt, new capris, red mask


Day 20: I sound like Cher when she's in Laverne mode, at the laundramat! $9646 in sales

Was asked to come in at 3, and things were slow for the first half of the shift.  Did pop count and prelim duties, then the scanner on #1 acted up, so hopped over to #2 and stayed there until 8:30, when I ran low on $$, so hopped back over (scanner was behaving by then!).  Went to lunch at 6:30 and when I returned, pulled trash and swept.  Sanitized counters at 8, and only had two 'difficult' customers.

A wanted to track his purchase, but I explained I wasn't able to scan his card, and asked for his phone #, which still said he didn't have a ML account.  He decided to go up front to try it.

B showed me a strange item # written on a board, which showed it was a special order.  When I scanned it, customer said it was the wrong price.  Confused, I called Mgr T, who told me to call Mgr S, who said he'd be down.  Mgr T hopped on #1 and rang up other customers while S located the correct item #, and then everyone was happy.

Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Indian motorcycle tee, new capris, red mask

No comments: