Monday, June 6, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W15

 Day 69:  $4,404 (and 13 cents)

Began my day by taking W into work, to discover he's not on the schedule for 2 weeks.  ASM K asked if I was all right; I looked 'flustered'.  I replied no, I was extremely tired, having only gotten 4 hours of sleep.  

When I returned at 5, a customer engaged me outside in a chair, and we chatted.  ASM M walked by and I told her I needed to talk to her.  Customer went to find chair cushions, and ASM M printed off another copy of W's claim #.  This time I kept track of it.  M mentioned she hadn't seen W, and when I mentioned the schedule, she told me to bring him in on Tues and talk to Misty.

I clocked in and had the soda count done by 6. The rain kept everyone away, and I learned Corporate was coming tomorrow, so made sure everything was clean.  Did my AP4Me and LU. Went to lunch at 8:45.  Loader E accidentally dumped the hopper into the dumpster.

Outfit:  Yoda tee, dark jeggings, gold hoops.


Day 70:  $8,178 (and 34 cents)

Took W in at 8 and settled him with K, to be trained on the register.  He called at 4 to say his shoulder was hurting, and for me to pick him up, so I did.  Then discovered he only clocked out; he didn't say anything to a manager.

When I returned, I got an earful from Loader AM.  W apparently hung out on a stool most of the shift; was rotating his shoulder/arm, and managed to piss of Mgr G and irritate ASM K.  My shift was quick; I had the soda count done by 6, my LU done by 7, the closing duties done by 8, and didn't go to lunch until after 9.  Bought some Tide and Bleach.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Classy tee, original capris.  Forgot to put in earrings.

Day 71:  $8,897 (and 87 cents)

Took W to work, and returned at noon.  Took him to open a checking acct, then took him back.  Took D to see Dr. Bo, and learned he's healing nicely.  Paid the LU bill, picked up his meds, then went back at 5 and picked up W.

Returned for MY shift, and clocked in at 5:17.  Was steady until 7, and did the soda count, only to learn we weren't going to restock. Thoroughly mucked out the mats, the registers, along the edge of the counters, behind the trash cans, and along all 4 edges of the horseshoe.  Wiped down all counters, even behind the Trex display. Tomorrow, I need to wipe down the horseshoe's shelves.  Returned items to Millwork and Lights. Clocked out at 10:18. Never got a break.

Outfit: Blue LU tee, original capris, lg zirconian earrings.  Forgot my hearing aids!

Day 72:  $8,797 (and 34 cents)

W called in today; his left shoulder hurt and his knee was bothering him.  Was on time, and had the soda count done asap. Mucked out the mats, filled the soda, and sanitized everything.  Went to break at 8:45. One of my customers was $20 short, so floated him the funds. Clocked out at 10:15, after taking items back to Plumbing and LG.

Outfit:  Alaska tee, original capris, lg zirconian earrings

I'm off to Superman Celebration, and then to the Shaun Cassidy concert on Monday in Springfield, Mo!

No comments: