Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W 38

 Day 160:  $8813

Arrived and took over for Kem. Was immediately busy, and when things slowed down at 4, waded through 17 emails; did my AP4Me, and started the prelim duties and soda count. Was slammed at 5, and it continued through 6:30.  ASM SC was down there, so I asked him to call HC Bre and let her know I needed a pit stop. She arrived and sent me to my half hour break. When I returned, I finished the soda count, gathered the trash, and began sweeping. Brought in the carts from the porch, and checked out the final customers.  After HC Bre cleaned me out, Reg #3 refused to open, so while Loader D brought in the concrete, I took the trash down and returned an item to aisle 50. Locked the doors, then returned items to Aisle 10, and headed to the break room. One of the other cashiers was heading up front, so I handed off the X-mas lights and put up my vest. Someone needed to stay with HC Bre, so I volunteered and got an extra hour of pay.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Blue crew Cabela's sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops


Day 161:  $10,817

Arrived at 2 and took over for Kem.  Rang up customers, brought in carts from the sidewalk, did the prelim duties. Austin sent me to lunch at 5:30 and when I returned, checked my schedule, cleaned out my email, and did my LU. and began sweeping. Around 7:30, I pulled the trash.  By 8 I was mucking out the mats. Locked the doors at 9, and after ASM SW cleaned me out, and Loader A took the hopper around and brought in the concrete, I returned items to Millwork, Plumbing, Fashion Bath, Paint, Hardware, Tools, and Pets.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Black/white plaid, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, LJs, blue sapphire hoops


Day 162:  Rare Saturday  $5260

Arrived and took over for Cindy, then had a nice, slow night. Did the soda count, and left it for the morning staff. Met Ava, the new HC. Did the prelim duties and swept.  At 7:30, gathered the trash, did my LU, and at 8:30, sanitized the registers. After ASM M cleaned me out, I locked the doors and took the trash to the hopper, then returned items to Drywall, Plumbing, Hardware, and Pets. Put up my vest, then 'parked' two handicapped carts. Clocked out at 9:30, and helped Robert gather the last 4 carts.

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops 


Day 163:  Rare Sunday  $9254

Arrived; Bella and I were both in Lumber until 5; I checked the soda count and at 4, she said she'd go fill it.  I was slammed for a half an hour, then did the prelim duties. She never did get to it; they needed her up front. Rider sent me to my break at 5:15, and when I returned, began sweeping. Mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, wiped off the top of the ice machine, and re-hung a jacket and some Klein tools. Final customer was at 8; locked the doors while HC A cleaned me out, and closed the large door after ASM Charlie took the trash and brought in the concrete. Returned items to Plumbing and Tools, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:30.

Almost fell over in shock. One of my contrary contractors, Eric M, told me I was the best. ASM G was behind me, so I jokingly told him to speak a little louder so my boss would hear.  He did, and ASM G AGREED! He also said something else I didn't catch, but as I said, my brain was slightly shocked!

Outfit:  Blue 18 Colts jersey, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, LJs, small diamond flowers

No comments: