Saturday, December 8, 2007

Survey

Since today is K's 16th birthday, and we're headed an hour north in a little while, here are my answers to Bron's survey:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless I get tired and then it gets stuffed in a gift bag.

2. Real or fake tree? Fake. I hated decorating our real tree growing up; the needles were sharp!

3. When do you put up the tree? A day or two after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Year’s Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? I’ve never tasted it. Tried an eggnog latte at Starbucks, but didn’t like it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably any or all books and music.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Toss up between my Mom and my cousin’s children.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Again, toss up between hubby and the baby!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? My paternal grandmother is notorious for buying me clothes I don’t like. However, in the past five years, she’s redeemed herself!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail, although there are a few email ones I will probably send this year:)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Prancer and the original Miracle on 34th St.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally I start about September, but the past few years that has been impossible. Probably the first week of December…

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies; my mom’s deviled eggs

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night; Santa Clause is Coming to Town; Chipmunk’s Christmas Song

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the weather. Usually, we’re always traveling to someone’s house, but since we’re 3 hours away from my mom’s house, it will depend on the weather. Last year, we had our family Christmas at my aunt’s house in Indianapolis on Christmas Eve and then went to Mom’s and spent the night.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? You bet!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Whatever we’re in the mood for; we have both. This year, it’s the star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Icy roads and heavy traffic.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The love that surrounds us every year and watching my kids’ faces when they open their gifts!

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

We're still snow covered in my neck of the woods. Don't know how you missed out on the fun. But regardless, sounds like you have an abundance of holiday cheer.

Maybe you should check out my blog. Don't know why but you might be interested.

Bronwyn Green said...

Mmmmm...I love deviled eggs. My stepom's are awesome!

Molly Daniels said...

I did check it out:) Wrote down the answer 1st thing...

B-day party was good. K said it was the best one he'd had in a long time:)

Brynn Paulin said...

I have never seen Prancer... I'm not sure how I missed it. What's your favorite Christmas cookie?