Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying

Currently Reading: Emerald Green, by Desiree Holt. Haven't actually started it yet! I also need to read one of my Laptop Society members wip...I've had it for two weeks!


Do you have Malcom X's autobiography? I don't know who wrote it.
-customer asking a question at the Strand Book Annex, NYC

Creativity Returned!
And my editor likes the way I wrapped up the ending:) But having an entire week, he's now found something else he wants me to change. And I like his suggestion, so this should be a cinch.
And the funny part is, I went through every single e-book on my flash drive and read the endings. Did it inspire the 'greatness'? No. Don't worry; your endings are safe!

What kicked it into gear was, I simply typed my smart-alec ending, got up to go downstairs to empty the dryer (it had buzzed while I was pondering) and WHAM! A line shot into my brain, and I liked it. After folding the clothing and starting the last load, I came upstairs, sat down, deleted my snarky line, and started typing. And it all came together smoothly.

After I make the changes to this MS, I'm going to pull up a wip I've not touched since this editing process began, and see if anything sparks. Next week is Spring Break for us, so I'm sure my computer time will be considerably shortened. Especially since daughter took the laptop with her.

Website Not Active Yet
Haven't heard from my web designer yet, so nothing is on the site. Keep checking back:)

Have a good weekend; our temps are supposed to be warmer, and I noticed our gas prices were down another 2 cents.

Time for another cup of coffee and reading the blogs to the right.

3 comments:

Mia Watts said...

Laptop society? Please explain.

Molly Daniels said...

That's what we call our Tuesday Night group...most of us all show up with our laptops:)

Formerly known as The Writer's Guild...but there's also one of those at the University whose prez doesn't think students and 'older folks' should mix. Ha! We now have two such students enjoying our group, because they are actually LEARNING something.

Anny Cook said...

Geez, the elitists are everywhere, aren't they? Enjoy.