Monday, June 29, 2009

Strange Turn of Events...

Last week, I was depressed over not being able to set up at one of my favorite craft fairs. I decided to go down to the local fireworks store, run by a friend, in order to learn how to work the cash register, in case business picked up and he needed the help.

Thursday:
I walk in.

"Thank god...you just saved me a phone call."

He trains me, and asks if K would mind being a walker...the one who stands outside in a silly hat and carrying a sign, in order to attract attention. I call; K says sure.

Friday:
I arrive to find T having chest pains, and B throwing up, running a 101 degree temp. I take over the register while T goes to the hospital. He's fine; a pinched nerve in his shoulder. K brings in many customers with his antics. He's a natural for the walker job!

Sat:
With his arm in a sling, T and I manage everything, since now B has no voice. T teaches me how to use the pricing label thing. My speed is picking up. K had made other plans, but he'll be back on the job soon.

Yesterday:
B had already planned to not be in until 5; T gets a text from his boss, saying there has been an upheaval at the Spencer store, and he wants T to go manage it for 2 weeks, leaving B and I in charge!

I pretty much had told T I couldn't work on the 3rd, since it was S's birthday, but now I may have to. It all depends on if we get any more help.

2 comments:

Mona Risk said...

Molly, it looks like you had a bad week but you seem to do your best at holding the fort. Hugs and prayers going for you.

I glanced through your past blogs. I am so happy you are enjoying To Love A Hero. It's the book of my heart and Sergei is my ultimate hero. I am still in love with him.

Molly Daniels said...

I'm still on ch 7...I've been getting home too late to read more, and things are starting to take off at the store. I'll probably get back to it after the 4th is over, and I can cut back my hours a little! God I need an e-reader!!! Then I could read during the slow times!