Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ups and Downs

The bad news: I'm not going to make it to Hazelwood again. My slot is still available; I just don't have the funds for gas money or food to eat while I'm there. So hopefully next year...

The good news: Hubby got a call yesterday! Unfortunately, he was out on the front porch and missed it. But this means the Hall is sending out operators, and he is no longer #55 on the list! So maybe today he'll get the call????

Other good news: I'm almost to the end of chapter 2 on my Model Behavior wip. And while at the fireworks store last night during our weekly meeting, a customer was getting a rather large order and saw my notebook. He asked me what I was doing, and after I told him, I asked if his wife liked to read. He ended up leaving with not only several hundred dollars' worth of fireworks, but a Kenzie bookmark, a Molly brochure, and my business card! Thanks for not objecting to my 'solicitation', Brandon! You made money; I possible made my own sale, lol:)

To-Do List:
-Laundry. If D goes to work, he's going to need plenty of clean socks.
-Grocery shopping. Been putting this off, as we had plenty of leftovers. This is what happens when the 17-yr-old eating machine is away for a week!
-Writing some more. Had to write in longhand last night again, because daughter refused to give up the laptop! No WIFI at the store anyway, so it really didn't bother me.
-Reading. Still not cracked open (okay...plugged in my e-book flash!) Mona's book! Maybe I'll reward myself with it if I finish Ch 2???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the good news for your hubby!

Anny Cook said...

May he go to work soon!