Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Psst! Did You Know It's February?

We're nearly to the end of February and I wanted to do a recap:  On Groundhog's Day, Phil saw his shadow, predicting six more weeks of winter.  I think Phil's lost his touch....but no, I'm not complaining about it!

Why?

Our temps have hovered in the 40's, high 30's, and even some 50's scattered around.  And any snow we get has been gone by the next day.  In fact, today it's predicted to be in the 60's, and I'm loving this weather!  Other people have complained, because everyone is suffering colds, nasal congestion, or other illness 'due to the fact we haven't had any significant cold weather to kill the viruses/bugs'.

But this is Indiana people.....and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get snow in April the last time we had a nice winter?  Cold weather lasting into May, in fact?

I wish I could remember what our winter had been like the year we suffered 33 degrees at the Indy 500 in 1992.  That was the most miserable race of my life....but you'll hear more about it in May:)

So for now, I'm enjoying the warmer weather, drinking cough syrup every day, taking my decongestants, and buying lots of Kleenex.  Yes, it's annoying, but this is my 'normal'.  Yes, with small exceptions, I suffer year round with this.  I'm a human barometer:  drop the barometric pressure and my sinuses drain.  Drop the temps and I catch colds.  Welcome to my world.

Now the right scientist needs to suffer a little of this and maybe he (or she!) will invent the perfect cure?  Invent that suction device I've needed for my vocal cords so I'm not constantly clearing my throat?  Or my other malady:  Getting the fluid out of my right eustation tube, so I can hear.  I've had this for the past two months, and it's beginning to get really annoying at night, hearing a constant 'whine' in my ear.

And It's Wednesday!  And That Means....Karaoke Night:)
Here are the songs I plan to sing tonight:
-Bye Bye Bye (N'Synch):  Yes, I sang it last week.  But I want to HEAR myself.

-Bye Bye Love (Everly Bros):  Darrell didn't have this, but Cheryl does:)

-Beautiful Goodbye (Amanda Marshall):  Again, Darrell didn't have this last week.

-Beds Are Burning (Midnight Oil):  The lead singer's voice isn't that great, so after midnight, I might even sound okay!  I will most likely only sing this once, lol:)

-Being With You (Smokey Robinson):  I think this will be a good one:)

-Best of Times (Styx):  Did this a few weeks back with Darrell's equipment; I couldn't hear myself and his microphone shorted out, so want to hear what I sound like.

And if there's time....Born To Be My Baby (Bon Jovi):  Can't go wrong with channeling Jon!

I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how it went:)

Formatting Update:
I got the bright idea to uninstall Word Starter, and it messed up every single document on my laptop.  So my daughter converted my files and now I can format Balancing Act from here:)  I'm up to Ch 5, and with my schedule becoming busy tonight at 6pm, I should have a good day ahead of me:)  After all, yesterday I accomplished more in two hours at Zanders than I had all afternoon yesterday!  Here's hoping the spouse leaves me alone today.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving this weather. You won't hear me complaining. :)

Molly Daniels said...

Today (Thurs) we drop to 60, but on Friday, our high will be mid-40's! How crazy is that? At least we go back up starting Sunday or Monday. I picked the WRONG day to stay in and edit, lol:)