Thursday, June 28, 2012

Love Scene Workshop Pt 4

Day 4:

Why Does This Love Scene Suck?



Homework: Take a love scene you've been struggling writing (maybe the one you worked on yesterday) and put it through these checkpoints to see where the scene may be falling flat. 


I know for a FACT some of the scenes in book #6, Searching For Love, are going to need work.  It's my first F/F book, and when I wrote this back in 2002, I thought all I'd have to do was substitute 'she' for 'he', 'her' for 'him', etc.  Not so easy.


I can't post an excerpt at the moment, because this particular file is saved on a CD which is currently buried in my desk.  But I wrote it with the 'scene fading to black'...my women embraced, kissed, then moved to the bedroom and closed the door.  The next scene has Stephanie getting dressed later.  I may be able to improve on that particular scene; It's ten years later and I have read some F/F romances.  While I probably will NOT get too graphic, I MIGHT be more descriptive.  Who knows?


I'm headed north for my dad's 70th birthday today!  And it's also little Alex's 3rd week birthday, so what better way to celebrate than to meet her great-grandparents?  Not sure if we'll spend the night, so I'll be pre-posting Friday's Flashback. 

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

Change of plans; not going north today after all. Mom says it's too hot, and I'm still feeling the effects of my dental surgery. So will try for next week.