Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Satan Called; He Wants His Heat Back!"

So says a FB picture floating around.

Seriously, the temps the last several weeks have been in the mid 90's to 108.  Our two a/c units are working overtime, along with four fans.  But with the addition of two kids, the spouse bought three more fans to help with the heat.

My concentration is poor; I'm not sleeping well (due in part to needing a new bed, coming next month); and I'm trying to hang onto my temper.

We DID take the kids to the pool on Tues, and then to the fair, so everyone had a good time.

Yesterday was one of those days where nothing went as planned.  Daughter thought she was having an appendicitis attack; turned out to be just a cyst on her ovary.  Then her boyfriend made threats, which caused her more stress, and thankfully I was able to get her to think straight again.

It's supposed to rain tonight, and the temps are supposed to fall back into the high 80's/low 90's.

I've made some calls for my 'tour' in the coming months; check out the calendar to the right.  Not sure if I will be able to attend all, but I'm going to try:)

In the meantime, check out this awesome picture of Miss Alex:)


Youngling, "Bombs Away!"



Mr. Energy:  "Whoo hoo!"



Miss Drama Queen won't go off the diving board, so here she is swimming away:)


Saturday is Dollar Day again, so we may make one more trip back to the pool to cool off.

Come back tomorrow for memories of July 2002; we took a vacation to Estes Park, Colorado:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah man, I want to go swimming so bad! :)

I'm with you. Normally loving the heat, it has me all fuddled lately. 116 heat index is ridiculous. Even for summer babies like me.

Stay cool.
-b

barbara huffert said...

That's how it's been here since May. So wrong!

Alex is adorable!

Molly Daniels said...

@BC: Normally I love the 90 temps, b/c I get to wear my tank tops. But after living in them 24/7 for nearly 3 months, I'm ready for some 70 degree weather!

Molly Daniels said...

@Barb: She is a doll! And soooo good:) Already sleeping through the night, rolling from front to back, and pulling her grandpa's beard every day. She's done her job well; she's got her grandpa so wrapped around her fist it's cute to watch him with her:)