Friday, May 31, 2013

Flashback Friday: Peaceful May:)

Currently Reading:  Loved, love, LOVED Lydia Michaels' White Chocolate!!!!!  Definite Recommended Read!  The only reason it took me so long to read this was due to being busy with family, Kenzie's release schedule, and taking care of the granddaughter.  This is a wonderful love story, filled with racial issues, family tensions, and about survival.  Can't wait to read more by this Ms. Michaels, lol!  Also finished Amber Skyze's Spend The Night With Me.  Also Recommended Read!  Now I'm wondering if Kim's story is out.  Love this series!  Finally, I'm up to Ch 3 on The Caline Conspiracy by M.H. Mead.  I won this book several months ago on Bronwyn Green's blog interview with the author, and had forgotten it.  Liking it very much so far!


May 2003:
Story thus far:  After undergoing two open heart surgeries and being told a test tube with his  name on it had tested positive for TB, plus our oldest had experience minor bullying, we looked forward to the end of the school year, plus it was getting close to my spouse returning to work.

May was a calm month.  We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary once again at the baseball field, as our daughter was entering her 3rd and final year of Coach-Pitch Pee-Wee Softball.  Our son was playing his 1st year of Major Baseball, and was proving to be a pretty good 2nd baseman.  Daughter was still enjoying her stint as catcher, and both teams did well.

The first game K played, they absolutely dominated the other team.  They didn't have a 10-run rule, or 9th batter rule anymore, and after being up 15-0 in the 1st inning and moving players around to strange positions,  the other team finally was able to get on base.  I even cheered when one player got a base hit.  My friends stared at me, but realized that yeah, the other team could use a little encouragement!  I think we won that game 31-3.

And the most important event?  My nephew was born May 2nd:)  My sister and one of her friends went into labor almost at the same time, but I think D was born first.  Her friend had a daughter, G.

*****
Present Day:
Busy with house cleaning today.  There is a baby in the house again on a semi-full-time basis, and we need to baby-proof.  It's a miracle she hasn't swallowed any of the small Leggo's, or BeyBlades, or choked on any other small objects lying around.  I've been busy with Kenzie's Release Contest and other chores, plus losing my computer in the afternoons to the youngling, or the neighborhood kids who want to watch cartoons on NetFlix, or play the educational computer games.  I hope to have my schedule ironed out next week!  It's after 12pm and I'm still in my jammies!  Of course, sleeping in til 8am didn't help.  I must have been extra tired last night.  Anyway, have a great weekend and I'll have those graduation pics for you next week, as well as the End Of The Month Recap and June Reading Schedule.

No comments: