Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday's Musings

Currently Reading:  Finished Drilled over the weekend, and it was definitely worth the 3 year wait!  Discovered I also have two more in this series to read this month, so yay me!  Definite Recommended Read:)  Also read Ashley Ladd's Whirlwind Relationship and while I enjoyed flashing back to 1978, I would have liked to know if she was doomed to repeat the next 22 years, or did she suddenly wake up one morning to find everything had changed?  I'm now on Ch 4 of Cheryl Dragon's A Firm Hand.  And the candle scene in Ch 3 sort of squicked me out.  If anyone dripped hot wax on me, I'd let them have it!

Spent a rainy weekend indoors, reading and watching my DVR'd shows.  Youngling's baseball team put up a fight Friday night, losing 5-4 in the bottom of the last inning.  The daughter has moved out of her apartment and into the boyfriend's mother's crowded house.  She now has  20 days to come to her senses before I make a phone call.

Yesterday, I was soooo thrilled when Bates and Anthony won the Amazing Race:)  I was hoping Max and Katie would win, but I definitely did NOT want Mona and Jennifer to get it.

Went to karaoke Sat night with Jean and Angela, and sang 'Invincible' (rocked it!) and 'All You Wanted (it was okay).  And got ticked at the bartender/server.
-I gut up to use the restroom, and he came back after I'd sat down.  I ordered another water, then realized my wine glass was gone!  He claimed it was empty; I say there were still a few drops left.  And then he never brought my water.

-I got up to sing All You Wanted (Michelle Branch) and when I returned to the table, my water (okay, ice cubes!) was gone!  I swear, next time I'm going to put a Post It note on my glass:  Do Not Take!

-I was 6th in the rotation, and at 11, Mark began the rotation again.  But after the 3rd singer, he let two or 3 others in before resuming.  So instead of singing at 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30, I sang at 10:30 and 11:45.  This town really needs another karaoke place.  Or have I just been royally spoiled by Brown and the 'Billie and Molly Show'?  I don't mind waiting my turn; it's just I have a 'curfew' and when you let others into the rotation, it cuts down on the songs I get to sing!  I've gone from 6 per week down to 2.  And was not in the mood for the two sexy songs which are next on my 'D' list.

Lunch at the Schnitzelbaum on Friday was wonderful!

Tomorrow, I'm going to the zoo with Youngling's class.  Praying for good weather!


No comments: