Friday, August 24, 2018

Flashback Friday 2008: Catching Up

July:
I was invited to join Policy Council at Head Start, plus decided to attend the weekly Writer's Guild meeting at Zander's coffee shop.  K began working in the potato fields, and reported wildlife coming down the conveyor belt (a live skunk, snakes, and even a bird).  At the end of the month, he was scheduled for a tonsillectomy.  S turned 14 and received a laptop.....before I did!  D bought me a rolly cart (milk crate on wheels with a top), and I sold 2 books at Border's Bookstore.  A and J arrived for a visit, and I took them to the pool and for ice cream before meeting up with their mother in Terre Haute.  Author Kelly Kirch and her family ended up staying in a motel in E'ville; S, W and I went down to spend a few hours with them.  I also spent all of the 4th of July weekend writing All She Ever Wanted:)

Aug:
I managed to get myself elected Policy Council secretary; I also set up at the State Fair for the Author Showcase and only sold one book, but passed out a LOT of promo and hung out with KC, though she drove me nuts at time.  I thought I was going to get a sale, when she distracted the woman about something, and she forgot all about my two books.  We went on the Midway and I rode the hang glider ride, Ferris Wheel, and Bobsleds.  Took home deep-fried cookie dough, and my daughter even climbed out of bed w/o a fuss and tried it, declared it delicious, then got dressed and was at school on time.  Took the kids to the county fair, and everyone had a good time.  Another author sent me the info about her publisher's call for submissions for an anthology, so I sent off my two short stories, All She Ever Wanted and Appetite For Desire.  Started counting down the days until W started school!

Next Month:  Being Passed Over Again....

*********
Present Day:
Dad has had issues with his blood pressure ever since I returned (no, I'm not the cause, lol!), so I've driven Mrs. Sato the past two days.  Mom has PT today, then I hope we'll go out to eat:)


No comments: