Monday, November 11, 2019

Life As A Red Vest, Week 33

Day 153:
Snow began falling; D dropped me off close to 4pm.  Clocked in and went to Lumber, and was steady but slow all the way til 7pm.  Darren reported a car sliding sideways up 6th St; he also made a tiny snowman.  I did the AP4Me and got to 3 star Gold.  Started to do my Unconscious Bias Training, but kept getting interrupted.

Billy relieved me at 6:15, and when I returned fifteen minutes later, filled the soda cooler and started closing duties.  Took my time, and as it turned out, Kyle left at 7:30; his g/f had been in an accident over by Walmart.  Discovered Ian was no longer Lumber Supervisor, and Jerrod had gone back to Office Max.  Brendan's now over Lumber, instead of LG.  Only had one customer between 8 and 9.

Mel left at 8, so Crystal took over and closed us out.  She asked me to double-check the front doors, so I did, and clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red shark-bite turtleneck and faded flex jeggings.

Day 154:
I arrived at 2; HC Cindy said she was thinking about swapping me and Aliscia.  So an hour later, I checked, and yup, I was in Lumber, and could close if I wanted to.  Texted home and told D to pick me up at 9.  Was fairly steady until 5; was able to get the pop count done and the tax exempts gathered.  Aliscia relieved me at 5, and when I returned 30 minutes later, she took her break.  Had one override all night:  Customer had three display tools, all $25.  MK came down to override them, them I was able to gather the trash and wipe down all the counters, as well as sweep.  Went the Extra Mile for one customer; wasn't able to find their VA account, so when HC Cindy came down with the soda and my $1 dollar bills, she looked it up and was able to fix it.  The couple thanked us both profusely!

Aliscia took my trash at 8, after covering for me for a 5 minute bathroom break.  I'd gone outside to empty the trash and bladder complained!  Cindy came down at 9:05 and cleaned out my register.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, Lowes tee, tear drop earrings, faded flex jeggings.

I work again next week, but was able to bump my hours up by 2 this week!  Had the chance to work Tuesday, but after the 5-day stretch at the Christmas show, I needed a 'down' day!

No comments: