Monday, November 4, 2019

Life As A Red Vest: Week 32

Day 151:
Was up front for 4 hours; the first 90 mins, chatted with Sandy and HC Mel while ringing up a few customers.  Also teased Mgr Scott when he came through my line, to not spend his $.18 all in the same place!  A few minutes later, Mgr Steve was leaving, and I asked him who was minding the store and to get his butt back to the office, ha ha!  He smiled, patted my shoulder, and said he was confident we were in good hands!

At 6:30, I was sent to Lumber to give Brenda her break.  Rang up 3 customers and filled her soda cooler.  Took my own break an hour later, then as soon as the 8pm people left, had a 'rush' of three customers in a row!  At 9:05, locked the outside doors, and by 9:10 was at my locker.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Yellow plaid, black v-neck shirt, faded jeggings, tiny 'drop' earrings.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes as smoothly:)

Day 152:
Was asked to come in at 3, so began my day in Lumber.  Did the soda count; gathered the tax exempt tickets, and was fairly steady.  Also did the AP4Me quizzes and managed to move myself into the 2 Gold Star level.  I'm only 20 points away from 3 Gold Star:)

At 5, when Brenda arrived, I went up front for an hour, then was sent to LG to give Deb her break.  Froze my butt off for 15 mins, and when I went back in, Aggie sent me down to Lumber to give Brenda her break.  B was dealing with a difficult order, so I hopped on #2 and rang up everyone else.  When she was finished, she took off while I finished ringing everyone up.  Finally got back on Reg #1 for a few minutes until she returned.  I headed for the break room for my turn....and got a phone call.  Brandon helped me answer it, then tried to call Brenda to relay Kim's message.  The 2nd time it worked, and I finally clocked out at 6:55.  Returned up front at 7:25, and Deb had wondered where I was; she had been due to get off at 7.  I explained what had happened, and how the breaks went long.  Deb left and I had maybe a dozen or so customers until the final one left at 8:50.  Locked the doors, pulled all the doors across the aisles, and then took off my vest.

Outfit:  Red/black hounds tooth plaid; black vest; faded flex jeans, zirconian earrings.

I'm off to the Christmas Gift and Hobby Show in Indianapolis!  I work again next week, Mon and Thurs, unless I'm called in.

No comments: