Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Life in Lumber, Week #47

Day 211:  12:30-close
Arrived and discovered I was to be up front, even though there were 4-5 other cashiers there, but barely any customers.  Went to training room and did AP4Me, then went back up front around 1:30.  Checked out maybe a handful of customers, and chatted with Dallas and Matthew.  Was anxious about K and J's wedding, since J had called the venue to double-check the time for the rehearsal, and was stunned to learn they 'weren't open' this weekend.  Ummmm....when were they planning to inform the bride and groom about this development????

Was sent on break close to 2, and K texted they'd been approved for the KC Fairgrounds.  Answered prayer!  I had given him several ideas for venues while driving to work, and had even reached out to a few people on FB for ideas.  I'm glad they were able to get on on short notice, since the Catholic Church would frown on having a Harry Potter-themed wedding at one of their venues!

Business picked up between 2-4, then I went to lunch at Wendy's.  When I returned, HC Aggie sent me out to LG, where I stayed until 7:45, when she closed me down.  Took my 2nd break, then spent an hour up front, taking care of customers while Matthew took out the trash.  Sanitized the registers, and we all clocked out around 9:30.

Day 212:  12:30-close
Arrived, and found myself up front for a while.  Was on Reg #8 until it was pulled for an audit, so hopped on #10.  Watched the self-checkout for a few mins also, then sent on my break, and then to Lumber, where I stayed the rest of my shift.  Managed to get the pop count finished by 5:30, then took myself to Arby's.  When I returned, did closing duties and teased Chad at the end, for after scolding him about putting his trash in the wrong container, I rang him up....and forgot to pull his $5.  Told him that was his 'fee' for not putting his trash in the proper place, lol!  HC Aggie seemed amused by out good-natured bickering!  C even took the trash down to the dumpster for me, after threatening to keep me with him during HIS shift, 'since she's not done....I guess she wants to keep working!'
Nope....I went to put up my vest and helped Eli take out the trash in the break room.

Outfit:  Classy tee, patterned leggings

Day 213:  12:30-close
Discovered I was to be in lumber all day, so yay!  Joked at 3, when the pros were leaving, that 'I've had a shower; you're all leaving me??  Geez...'  Shift went well; D and W showed up with Arby's for me at 3:30, though the fries were cold.  When I went to lunch at 4:15, decided to go to McD's for more fries, and it took 20 minutes!  Did closing duties between 6:30-7:30, which turned out to be a good thing; I was slammed at 8:30 and didn't get the doors locked until after 9.  Had a couple of CFH, but got through it.

Found out why K walked out on Mon; she was frustrated by needing an o/r, only no one coming.  Apparently she copped an attitude, either over the PA or toward the customers in line, and HC C chewed her out for it.

Tonight, HC MK chewed out the front line b/c they put up their vests and didn't lock the doors before MK had even cleaned out the registers!  A big no-no.  Brandon even called her by her correct name as he told her to calm down!

I didn't clock out until after 9:30.  I'm off for the next 4 days!

Outfit:  Lowe's tee, patterned leggings.

No comments: