Monday, June 8, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #45

Day 201:  12:30-close
Arrived; within 5 mins, was asked where my mask was by Brandon G.  Told him I was under the assumption I didn't have to wear it while asthma acting up...was told to put it on anyway, so I did.  Mel told me I needed a dr's note....but Tasha said even with the note, I'd still have to wear it.  So got in touch with Dr. Steve's office and decided NOT to bother with it.

Didn't have any issues; went to lunch at 4 (Wendy's), and when I returned, did mainly closing duties.

Outfit:  Brown short-sleeved tee, dark capris.

Day 202:  12:30-close
Began my day at the BMV with Teen, as he tried to get his Learner's permit.  While he was taking his test, I returned home for the rest of the documents for my Gold Star on my license.  When I returned, he was outside....he'd missed three signs in a row...'slippery when wet', 'low clearance', and 'low shoulder'.  Have to try again next week, when they accept walk-ins.

The weather was doing it's 'will-it-or-won't-it-rain', so business was slow until 4, when Aliscia tried to send me to lunch.  She shooed me out around 4:10, and when I returned an hour later after getting lunch at Hardee's, she was still busy.  I took over, and it slowed to a trickle again.  Around 8, I started closing duties, and was able to lock the doors around 9.  Finished sanitizing everything, then went to my locker. The 'mask police' weren't around after 7, so was able to enjoy having my face free:)

Outfit:  White 'faith' shirt, faded capris.

Day 203:  1:30-close, my 'short day'
Day began okay, though I soon developed a backache.  Took lunch at 4:20 (Arby's)....didn't get either of my 15 min breaks.  After 8, had a customer try to pay for items, but his card kept getting declined, so I invoiced it to be picked up later.  Then he found his internet order, but something went wrong and he ended up only taking one item.  I hope he gets his issue fixed soon.

Was informed Mgr T was writing up staff wearing masks improperly...*eye roll*

Had two LOLs buying plywood; they bickered the entire time I was ringing them up, and fought over who was going to pay.  Then one comes back in and announces they've also got 4 concrete blocks.

"Which ones?"

"How should I know?  The kid loaded them....they were $1.80 a piece.  We needed them to weight down the plywood."

So I went through all the c-block scans and on the 3rd one, I found it:)  The other customers (and me!) were CRACKING up!  Texted Erica and told her I'd 'met' our 'future selves', ha ha!

Was too tired to sweep; did everything else though.

Outfit:  Maroon JHS Band shirt, black capri leggings.

Day 204:  12:30-close
Not long into my shift, customer says, "Excuse me, I want to lodge a complaint.....what lumber store runs out of LUMBER?"

Other than my back bothering me occasionally, shift went fairly well.  Rachel relieved both Kem and I for our 15 min breaks, then me again at 3:45 for lunch (Subway), and again at 6:15 for my 2nd break.  Things slowed down at 7:30, so was able to do my closing duties, and had all but the carts sanitized by 9.

Outfit:  Brown elbow-length shirt, dark capris.

Day 205:  5:30-close
Day began with an asthma attack, so called in and explained the fact I'd given myself a breathing treatment, drank Tussin, and was still exhausted.  Told Mgr T I was more than willing to come in later when I felt better.  By 4:30, I couldn't get a hold of anyone, so texted Mel and told her I was coming in.  Got in around 5:15, and she put me to work at the front.  Saw Tracy and Elaine, and when I told Brandy to charge him double, he pointed to the lawnmower and said, 'If I have any issues with it, I'm bringing it to YOU!"

I pointed to Mel.  "Good, so I can turn it over to HER!"

Over all, shift went well.  I had three O/R....one for a discounted gate, another for a discounted plant, and the third for a discounted grill.  At the end, I took all the trash to the compactor and cleaned the Men's room.

Outfit:  Blue Vancouver Aquarium tee, faded capris.



No comments: