Thursday, May 20, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W7

 Day 32 (Thurs; had M-W off): $9826 in sales

Arrived early and showed HC C the spreadsheets I'd made, for soda count, Monster count, and for the expiration charts.  She loved 'em!

First half of shift was steady, but had pop count and prelim duties done by 4:30.  Did LU and AP4Me, and went to lunch at 6:30.  Returned and swept, then started closing duties.  Mgr T cleaned me out at 9, and after Gavin returned from taking the trash, closed and locked all doors, then took the loading tickets to the front.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Blue sparkle shirt, capris, Monet mask.


Day 33: $12,970 in sales

Welp....might have put myself on my boss's radar today.....decided to see if I needed Steve's permission to take off 6 days in August for the State Fair, and at first, he asked if I was trying to 'jump the line', and I said no; I remembered needing permission for the 2 weeks last year, and thought the same principle applied.  Then I just *had* to open my mouth about July, to which he reminded me that in Retail, it's 'all hands on deck' during holidays, and 'I'd like to be home with my family, but....' to which I responded, 'I won't be with my family; I'll be at a convention.'

Anyhoo....I left, feeling as if I'd just put myself into another boss's crosshairs.  So I think I'll tell Mom I'm gonna work Race Day, instead of calling in if I can't find a sub.  I kinda need the job now, with my medical bills......

Arrived in Lumber to find Kennadee doing a return, and offered advice.  Then took over and was busy for the 1st hour.  Did the prelim duties, then at 5, the scanner threw a tantrum, so moved over to #2.  Managed to get my LU done before another 'rush'.  Misty tried to help, but turned out #3 was out of printer paper, then jammed.  HC M had to come down and rescue it.  Jillian relieved me for lunch at 6:30, and when I returned, I swept the area and cleaned under each mat.  Rang up one customer who tried 2 phone numbers for the tax exempt, to no avail.  Then his cc was declined.  He tried to get his boss on the phone, so I saved his invoice and rang up others until he succeeded.  Told me to run it through the LAR....phone # didn't work, so tried using the company name, and success!  Then tried the tax exempt, and none of the phone #s worked.  So rang him up, while he's muttering about 'is it the fact we're in Indiana and maybe you don't do tax exempt?"

Tried to tell him yes, that his boss needs to refile it at his Lowes, but the dude just wouldn't listen.  Even told the boss to put some $$ on the CC, since they had to stay in the motel for the night.  Sigh.....

At 9, locked the doors and walked with HC M to the front, then returned items to Hardware, Home Decor, Tools, and Plumbing.  Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Flamingo tee, denim shorts, tools mask.

No comments: