Monday, May 24, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W8

 Day 34: Day #1 of an 8 Day stretch....$11,760 in sales

Arrived; was steady for an hour, then did pop count and prelim duties, including LU.  Had to take an early lunch due to 2 call ins, and when I returned, did the AP4Me. Around 6:30 began closing duties, and things were steady, but not slammed.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Went ahead and requested off for Imaginarium, HFK, and Superman.  I'll most likely have to call in during InConJumction, if I can't get someone to cover my shift.  Even thinking about skipping HFK if necessary.

Outfit:  LU blue tee, original capris, starry night mask


Day 35: $7031 in sales

Arrived; spent 15 minutes making copies of the new soda and Monster count sheets.  Was busy until 4, then did soda count and prelim duties.  Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, swept and gathered trash.  At 7:30, things were slow enough I went ahead and sanitized the registers and the counters, and was then busy until 9.  Locked the doors; returned items all over the store, and put some soda away.  Brought in the final 3 carts and took some cardboard to the compactor.  Clocked out at 9:30.

While doing the pop count, a Diet Dew fell off the shelf, hit my right foot, and exploded.  One of the loaders asked me why I didn't run to the bathroom?  LOL!  Told them I'd decided to do 'Mountain Dew Art'.  Cleaned it up and joked about it until the spatter pattern disappeared.

Outfit:  Yellow tee, original capris, starry night mask.


Day 36:  $11,884 in sales

Today was a good day!  Arrived and was steady; saw BWG walk in, and he was at the tail end of my 'rush'.  He ordered Second Chances off Amazon:)  Hugged him twice and told him he was so sweet to do that!  About an hour later, NL walked in.  We chatted a few mins, then he went to get his stuff.  D, W, and A arrived; I let A run the scanner on three customers, and showed her how to do the total.  D bought me a 3 Musketeers, and after they left, NL returned.  Rang him up, then sent Gavan out to help him with some concrete.  

Did my soda count and prelim duties, then went to lunch at 6:10.  When I returned, HC C sent down a flat cart full of soda, and we filled the coolers.  Swept, then began closing duties.  Had everything done by 8:45, and helped put the carts away.  Clocked out at 9:45.

Outfit:  Blue striped tee, original capris, elephant mask


Day 37:$10,123 in sales

Arrived and made copies of the updated soda list, then took over for Kem.  Rang up a few customers, then started on pop count.....and did prelim duties.....then the rain arrived.  Had a small rush at 6, then at 7, called HC E and asked if they'd forgotten about my lunch break.  Turns out they were headed down, so they brought me pennies, and Bri took over.  When I returned, I started the closing duties, and sanitized the counters and registers.  Swept up what I could, then HC E cleaned me out at 9.  Waited for G to return with the hopper, then closed the door and returned items to Hardware, Electrical, and plumbing.

Outfit:  Black, square neck blouse, original capris, elephant mask


Day 38:  We got a $280 bonus!  $187 after taxes....$10,363 in sales:)

Arrived; hopped on #2 to help Kem with the line, then took over for her.  Things slowed way down; did prelim duties and rearranged the soda cooler back to the original arrangement.  Went to lunch at 6:30, and when I came back, began closing duties.  Had three customers at closing, and locked the doors after the final one left.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Brown gauze blouse, original capris, Monet mask


Day 39:  Memorial Sat  $19,901 in sales

Began the day at the Rendezvous, and cuddling Miss Belle.  Showed her off to friends Pam and Lori, then went off in search of buffalo burgers (none), chicken and dumplings (yum....got last batch before new one ready, ha ha!), and mushrooms.  Also bought 2 things of fudge; chocolate and PB.  Went to work and found it busy.  Cust. A claimed she'd given me two $20s, stuck together allegedly; Mgr T pulled my drawer and audited it; nope, it balanced.

Cust B said they had 'credit', so tried the LAR, and didn't find it under phone # or name, so the hubby paid.  As they were leaving she finally pulled a GIFT CARD out of her wallet, and wanted to know if she could pay her bill with it.  Told her no, and they finally left.  I wanted to bang my head on the wall....they'd backed up my line!

Cust C said they wanted the 1/4" OSB.  Rang up the one green line; they paid $5K in cash and the remainder by credit card.  But when the guys began loading it, I noticed it only had one WHITE stripe, so told G to give me the guy's receipt, and pointed out the oopsie.  Marked his receipt so he'd get a refund.

Cust D brought a white board, then realized it was dirty on one side.  I tried to wipe it off, but no, so instead of taking the board with her to get another, she left it at my register.  Had G take it back after she left.  *eye roll*

Went to lunch at 4:30 (Subway) and when I returned, did the pop count and started closing duties.  Took my 2nd break at 8, and pulled trash, finished sweeping, and sprayed down the countertops.  Alexa brought the soda down, so after the last customers left, began filling it.  A and Krissy came down to help, and we all took the returns to Tools, Paint, Hardware, and Aisle 1.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red 3/4 length shirt, faded jeggings, Monet mask.


Day 40:  Memorial Sunday:  I should be at the race!!!!  $14,974 in sales  

Was slightly late, since I'd gone to sing at the Worship service at the Rendezvous.  Was fairly steady, and Cindy went to break 1st, then I went at 1:30.  She went to lunch at 2, and I went at 3:45 (McA's).  After returning from lunch, C and Justin alerted to me to a sketchy individual with several Dewalt tools in his basket, and acting suspicious.  He moved over to the lumber aisle, and then all of a sudden just seemed to disappear.  I wondered if he'd snuck out the back; had HC C check the camera, and yup, he did.  BUT....a few mins later, J was out front, SAW the guy and took down his license plate.  Dude eve had the gall to wave at J as he drove away!  Reported it to Mgr T.

Did pop count, and when C left at 6, it took me 15 mins to move over to #1.  Was fairly steady until close, and J fumed when one customer tried to tell him how to load the lumber into a truck.  Another guy wanted 40 boards, but chose only 2 out of the pile, then asked J to pull down another bundle.  Whaaa-at???

Managed to get the trash pulled, the tax exempt tickets gathered, and two of the counters sanitized.  Didn't have time to sweep or do anything else.  Clocked out at 8:40.

Helio Castraneves won his 4th Indy 500....boo, hiss.  I wanted Tony Kanaan.






No comments: